The Buck Stops for This .460 S&W Magnum Load
Based on the popular Xtreme Defender line, Underwood Ammo's Xtreme Hunter also uses an optimized nose flute but heavier projectile weight to take down game animals. Projectile weight and velocity have been optimized to result in maximum penetration depth and enormous permanent wound cavity unlike common expanding hollow points.
Further adding to its terminal ballistic properties, the solid copper body ensures that thick hide or bone has a minimal negative effects. The Xtreme Hunter creates a deeper wound cavity than Xtreme Defense and larger than Xtreme Penetrator ammunition lines.
Underwood Ammo Xtreme Hunter Specifications and Features:
- Underwood item #: 903
- .460 Smith & Wesson Magnum
- 220 Grain Solid Copper Projectile
- Flash Suppressed Powder
- Reduced Recoil
- Radial flutes that force the hydraulic energy inward to build pressure
- Reloadable Brass
- Muzzle Velocity: 2135 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 2227 ft/lbs
- Recommend Use: Medium and Large Game
- 20 Round Box