The Next Level of Springfield Armory AR-15The SAINT EDGE is aimed squarely at the part of the market that buys an entry-level AR-15 and immediately starts to upgrade it. The EDGE AR-15 is already upgraded with top components from stem-to-stern.
The SAINT EDGE AR-15 Rifle ships with premium parts like the modular match, short-reset, Melonite-treated GI single stage trigger that gives the Springfield Armory a crisp, clean trigger press with zero creep. At 6 pounds 3 ounces the EDGE is lightweight thanks to the sleek, M-LOK compatible free-float handguard that covers a pinned, adjustable gas block on the lightweight 16" barrel with a multiport muzzle brake screwed on the end.
The Springfield Armory SAINT EDGE punches well above its weight with 1:8 twist rifling allowing for the most versatile selection of the best 5.56 NATO or .223 Rem ammunition. The lower is billet aluminum, often an item only available on very expensive AR-15s. The EDGE sports a BCM Mod 2 pistol grip and a BCM Mod 0 SOPMOD butt stock, an extended charging handle and low-profile, flip-up, dual aperture sights.
Springfield SAINT Edge 5.56 NATO AR-15 Specifications and Features:
- Rifle STE916556B
- 5.56 NATO (also accepts .223 Remington)
- Mid-Length Gas System
- 16" Lightweight Profile CMV barrel with Melonite finish
- 1:8" twist
- 30 rounds capacity
- Magpul PMAG magazine
- 7075-T6 upper and lower receivers
- Mil-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail
- M4 Feed Ramps
- Low Profile Multi/Mode Adjustable Gas Block
- Accu-Tite receiver mating system
- Springfield low profile flip up rear dual aperture sight; 1/2 MOA Windage adjustment
- Springfield Fl ip Up Front Sight; 1/2 MOA Elevation adjustment
- Springfield Armory Unique Proprietary Patent-Pending Full Length Aluminum Free Float Hand Guard (SA Locking Tabs) M-LOK compatible
- Bravo Company Mod 3 Pistol Grip
- Bravo Company Mod 0 SOPMOD Stock
- Mil-Spec receiver extension
- GI Charging Handle
- Springfield Armory Proprietary Modular Match Short Reset Single Stage Trigger
- Integral Trigger Guard
- Carbine H Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- MIL-SPEC Dimension Carbine Receiver Extension
- Springfield Armory Proprietary Mid Size Charging Handle
- Springfield Armory Multiport Muzzle Brake
- Enhanced M16 (Melonite Finish) MPT 9310 Steel Bolt
- Overall length 35.75" extended, 32.25" collapsed
- Weight 6 lbs 3oz
- Add your selected firearm(s) to your shopping cart and check out.
- Select a local Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer. Find a FFL Dealer HERE.
- If you choose an FFL Dealer that is not on our preferred list, you or your FFL Dealer will be required to fax or email us a signed copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! order number. Download the Firearm Sales Form
- Pick up your firearm from the FFL Dealer, who will need to do a criminal and mental health background check. Transfer fees may apply.
Federal law requires firearms to be shipped to FFL Dealers. For an individual to receive a firearm from Cheaper Than Dirt! it must be shipped to an FFL Dealer in your state.Locating a Federal-Firearm License Dealer (FFL) in Your Area
There are thousands of FFL Dealers in the United States. You may choose an FFL Dealer from our preferred listing or you may find a dealer in your area. To find a list of FFL Dealers in your area area CLICK HERE. If you choose a dealer that is not on our preferred list, either you or the FFL Dealer will be required to submit a copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! order number. The FFL Dealer will usually charge a fee to conduct the transfer. There are duties that the FFL Dealer is required to do during the process which include a criminal and mental health background check through NICS. Remember, the FFL Dealer is doing you a favor and the process takes time to complete. Fees can vary so check with the FFL Dealer ahead of time to request a quote on the fees associated with your firearm transfer. The FFL Dealer is in business to make a profit and your internet purchase may be viewed as competition to their retail business. If you feel the fees are too high, you can search for another FFL Dealer.Completing the Transaction
Once you place the firearm in your cart and checkout you will receive a confirmation email that has your order number and further instructions. We will verify the FFL license and also make the FFL Dealer aware that an order from Cheaper Than Dirt! will soon be arriving for you. Most orders are processed within 2-3 business days from the time we receive and verify the FFL Dealers information. Once shipped, your firearm will arrive at the FFL Dealer within 3-7 days business days. The FFL Dealer will begin processing the shipment. It may be an additional day or so before the FFL Dealer is ready to conduct the transfer of the firearm to you. Call the FFL Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the firearm is ready to be transferred.Please note! All Firearm Sales are Final
It is important to thoroughly inspect your firearm before completion of the transfer. Once the firearm is transferred into your name, Cheaper Than Dirt! will not accept a return or exchange under any circumstance. If a defect is discovered after completing the transfer, you must contact the manufacturer directly for repair or replacement.