A Spikes Tactical Receiver Set Is the Best Way to Start a New AR-15 Project FirearmWhen the time comes to build a new AR-15 platform firearm the Spikes Tactical receiver set comes to mind as one of the best options you can select for your build. By purchasing the Spikes Tactical you are buying piece of mind. The kind that only comes from knowing that what you purchased as been assembled, inspected and tested in house by Spikes Tactical. This all but ensures that you won't have any issues when the time comes to pull the trigger on your new build.
This complete receiver set is constructed from forged 7075-T6 aluminum. The upper and lower are then also finished with a mil-spec type III class 2 hard coat anodizing. Moreover for the lucky few that still possess a registered drop in auto sear this lower provides you with compatibility for your fun switch. You will have to purchase all the remaining upper and lower parts to finish off this receiver set but you have a head start on quality and value.
Spikes Tactical AR-15 Receiver Set (Black) Specifications and Features:
- AR-15 Receiver Set
- Multi-Caliber Compatible (.223 Remington/5.56 NATO/.300 AAC Blackout etc)
- Bullet Pictogram Selector Markings
- 7075-T6 Forged Upper/Lower Receiver
- Mil-A-8625F Type III Class 2 Hard Coat Anodized Finish
- Low Shelf
- RDIAS Compatible
- Bullet Pictogram Selector Markings
- Upper Receiver Features Forward Assist (Already Installed)
- Upper Receiver Features Ejection Port Door (Already Installed)
- Upper Receiver Features Ejection Port Door Spring (Already Installed)
- Upper Receiver Features Ejection P ort Door Rod (Already Installed)
- Flat Top Upper Receiver with Mil-STD 1913 Picatinny Rail
- Overall Weight 1lb 1oz
- Matte Black Finish
- Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum Upper Receiver
- Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum Lower Receiver
- Forward Assist Assembly
- Ejection Port Door Assembly
- Front Pivot Pin and Rear Takedown Pin
- Charging Handle
- Complete Bolt Carrier Group
- Barrel/Barrel Assembly Parts
- Fire Control Group, Receiver Extension, End Plate, Trigger Guard, Safety Selector, Pistol Grip, Magazine Release, Bolt Catch or any of the springs/parts needed to finish the lower.
- Add your selected firearm(s) to your shopping cart and check out.
- Select a local Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer. Find a FFL Dealer HERE.
- If you choose an FFL Dealer that is not on our preferred list, you or your FFL Dealer will be required to fax or email us a signed copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! order number. Download the Firearm Sales Form
- Pick up your firearm from the FFL Dealer, who will need to do a criminal and mental health background check. Transfer fees may apply.
Federal law requires firearms to be shipped to FFL Dealers. For an individual to receive a firearm from Cheaper Than Dirt! it must be shipped to an FFL Dealer in your state.Locating a Federal-Firearm License Dealer (FFL) in Your Area
There are thousands of FFL Dealers in the United States. You may choose an FFL Dealer from our preferred listing or you may find a dealer in your area. To find a list of FFL Dealers in your area area CLICK HERE. If you choose a dealer that is not on our preferred list, either you or the FFL Dealer will be required to submit a copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! order number. The FFL Dealer will usually charge a fee to conduct the transfer. There are duties that the FFL Dealer is required to do during the process which include a criminal and mental health background check through NICS. Remember, the FFL Dealer is doing you a favor and the process takes time to complete. Fees can vary so check with the FFL Dealer ahead of time to request a quote on the fees associated with your firearm transfer. The FFL Dealer is in business to make a profit and your internet purchase may be viewed as competition to their retail business. If you feel the fees are too high, you can search for another FFL Dealer.Completing the Transaction
Once you place the firearm in your cart and checkout you will receive a confirmation email that has your order number and further instructions. We will verify the FFL license and also make the FFL Dealer aware that an order from Cheaper Than Dirt! will soon be arriving for you. Most orders are processed within 2-3 business days from the time we receive and verify the FFL Dealers information. Once shipped, your firearm will arrive at the FFL Dealer within 3-7 days business days. The FFL Dealer will begin processing the shipment. It may be an additional day or so before the FFL Dealer is ready to conduct the transfer of the firearm to you. Call the FFL Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the firearm is ready to be transferred.Please note! All Firearm Sales are Final
It is important to thoroughly inspect your firearm before completion of the transfer. Once the firearm is transferred into your name, Cheaper Than Dirt! will not accept a return or exchange under any circumstance. If a defect is discovered after completing the transfer, you must contact the manufacturer directly for repair or replacement.