Combined Technology Ballistic Silvertip:
CT Ballistic Silvertip bullets are aerodynamically efficient, impact extruded, boattail designs made expressly to maximize long-range bullet stability and accuracy. In varmint weights they are constructed for instantaneous, violent expansion on varmints. In hunting weights, jackets have been thickened and cores hardened to blend generous expansion with judicious penetration-ideal for light and medium game at extended ranges.
- Streamlined polycarbonate tip-resists deformation in magazine, provides a streamlined meplat for flat trajectory, initiates positive expansion on impact with light and medium game.
- Thin jacket mouth-opens easily and peels uniformly rearward providing dependable long range, low velocity expansion.
- Long ogive-specially engineered, streamlined portion of bullet in front of bearing surface minimizes wind drift and flattens trajectories.
- Core cavity-allows polycarbonate tip to generate momentum before contact with lead core, allows dependable bullet expansion at lowest practical velocity levels and moves bullet center of gravity rearward for better accuracy.
- Form fitted core-provides tremendous bullet accuracy by virtue of uniformity and concentricity, special lead alloys are engineered to provide uniform expansion in hunting bullets, virtual explosion in varmint bullets.
- Lubalox exterior coating-reduces fouling, pressure and friction between bullet and bore, providing longer barrel life, easier cleaning and enhanced accuracy.
- Tapered jacket-allows bullet to be driven at high velocity while maintaining integrity; controls expansion in game bullets.
- Solid Base Boattail design-boattail base reduces drag to maximize long range ballistic performance while providing a platform f or a large diameter mushroom; allows maximum accuracy at high velocity levels by preventing base deformation in high intensity cartridges.
-Sectional Density: .157
-Ballistic Coefficient: .267
*Sectional Density: The ratio of a bullet's weight, in pounds, to the square of its diameter, in inches.
*Ballistic Coefficient: The ratio of a bullet's sectional density to its coefficient of form, used to describe the bullet's effectiveness in overcoming air resistance during flight.
The Ballistic Silvertip is the most accurate, aerodynamic hunting bullet made. This bullet is a state of the art, aerodynamically optimized series of hunting and varmint bullets designed to put unparalleled accuracy, flight performance, and long range stability in the hands of the handloader. Ballistic Silvertip Hunting bullets are designed to provide stellar performance on small and medium sized big game like antelope, deer and sheep: while Ballistic Silvertip Varmint bullets are designed to vanquish varmints like magic. These unique features make it the flattest shooting, most accurate hunting bullet available.
Note: These are component bullets, not loaded ammunition.