500 Pump Action Shotgun Bantam Field, 410 Gauge, 22" Barrel, Blued, Synthetic Stock, Full, Fixed Sights
- All firearm sales are final. NO RETURNS.
- Return to manufacturer for warranty service.
- Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. Learn more
- Firearm transfer must be the actual transferee/buyer. Click here to see BATFE form "Transaction Record Part 1".
- Firearms are only available for purchase online.
- Purchasing a Firearm Online
For Young or Smaller Framed Shooters
Unlike other "youth" models, which simply consist of a shortened stock, the Bantam feature a specially shortened and contoured buttstock, providing more of a "custom" fit for young or smaller-framed shooters. In addition, the forend is positioned closer to the shooter for easier operation. Each comes with a single shot magazine plug for safe training of beginners. As part of Mossberg's continuing youth program, each Bantam model also comes with a half-price certificate for a full-sized buttstock and/or forend when young shooters outgrow their Bantam dimensions.
More Standard Features, Unlimited Versatility:
Shares many of the same stringent Mil-Spec standards of the renowned 590A1.
Quiet Carry dual action bars
3" chamber handles all 2 1/2" and 3" shells
Ambidextrous and visually convenient tang safety location
Wide vent rib with white front and brass mid-bead sights
6-shot (field model) capacity - one less with 3" shells
Full, fixed choke
Positive steel-to-steel lock-up
Synthetic stock - compatible with accessory Stock Drop Spacer System
Strong dual action bars
Rubber recoil pad
Includes a Cablelock and a Ten Year limited Warranty
Overall Length: 40 3/4"
Weight: 6 lbs
Length Of Pull: 13"
Vent rib width: 3/8"
Receiver scope base holes: 8-40 thd
Drop at comb: approx. 1 3/8"
Drop at heel: 2 1/8"
Standard 6-shot limiting plug: 1/4" x 9" wood dowel
The Mossberg 500 Bantam pump action shotgun is the preferred choice of youngsters and smaller stature adults - from beginner to seasoned ou tdoorsmen alike.
The E-Z Reach Forend helps shorter arms better control the cycling motion, and combined with the bantam-length 22" barrel, they provide a more balanced and controlled shooting position.
* The ambidextrous, easy-to-see and operate "top mounted" safety is a highly valued and recognized Mossberg feature.
* A free Cablelock is included to help assist with your firearm safety measures.
* Each Bantam model includes a "half-price" certificate enabling the user to purchase a standard size buttstock and/or forend assembly, factory direct, at half the advertised suggested retail price. It is well appreciated by young shooters who outgrow their Bantam dimensions, and a convenience for budget-minded families with various sized users, and best of all, the certificate has no expiration date.
- Add your selected firearm(s) to your shopping cart and check out.
- Select a local Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer. Find a FFL Dealer HERE.
- If you choose an FFL Dealer that is not on our preferred list, you or your FFL Dealer will be required to fax or email us a signed copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! order number.
- Pick up your firearm from the FFL Dealer, who will need to do a background check. Transfer fees may apply.
Federal law requires firearms to be shipped to FFL Dealers. For an individual to receive a firearm from Cheaper Than Dirt! it must be shipped to an FFL Dealer in your state.Locating a Federal-Firearm License Dealer (FFL) in Your Area
There are thousands of FFL Dealers in the United States. You may choose an FFL Dealer from our preferred listing or you may find a dealer in your area. To find a list of FFL Dealers in your area area CLICK HERE. If you choose a dealer that is not on our preferred list, either you or the FFL Dealer will be required to submit a copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! order number. The FFL Dealer will usually charge a fee to conduct the transfer. There are duties that the FFL Dealer is required to do during the process which include a background check. Remember, the FFL Dealer is doing you a favor and the process takes time to complete. Fees can vary so check with the FFL Dealer ahead of time to request a quote on the fees associated with your firearm transfer. The FFL Dealer is in business to make a profit and your internet purchase may be viewed as competition to their retail business. If you feel the fees are too high, you can search for another FFL Dealer.Completing the Transaction
Once you place the firearm in your cart and checkout you will receive a confirmation email that has your order number and further instructions. We will verify the FFL license and also make the FFL Dealer aware that an order from Cheaper Than Dirt! will soon be arriving for you. Most orders are processed within 2-3 business days from the time we receive and verify the FFL Dealers information. Once shipped, your firearm will arrive at the FFL Dealer within 3-7 days business days. The FFL Dealer will begin processing the shipment. It may be an additional day or so before the FFL Dealer is ready to conduct the transfer of the firearm to you. Call the FFL Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the firearm is ready to be transferred.Please note! All Firearm Sales are Final
It is important to thoroughly inspect your firearm before completion of the transfer. Once the firearm is transferred into your name, Cheaper Than Dirt! will not accept a return or exchange under any circumstance. If a defect is discovered after completing the transfer, you must contact the manufacturer directly for repair or replacement.