This is the Blur You've Been Asking For
If you've been waiting for a red Blur with a black DLC-coated blade, wait no more. Kershaw's made it, just for you.
Like all Blurs, Kershaw's red-and-black version is equipped with a big, slightly recurved blade thats ideal for multitasking. The blade shape offers both excellent slicing and piercing capabilities and the high-performance Sandvik 14C28N stainless blade steel is corrosion resistant and holds its edge. Black DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating protects the blade and looks fierce with this Blur's red handles and black Trac-Tec grip-tape inserts. The handle itself is durable 6061-T6 anodized aluminum, sometimes described as aircraft aluminum since it is a common material used for aircraft fittings. But the main point is that its lightweight, extremely durable and, when anodized, accepts a dye so Kershaw can create colored handles that are scratch resistant and extra tough.
For easy one-handed opening, the Blur is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening. A short push on the thumbstud overcomes the resistance built into the torsion bar in the SpeedSafe mechanism. Then SpeedSafe takes over and the blade moves out of the handle quickly and easily. The pocketclip is reversible for your choice of tip-up or tip-down carry. Theres even a pre-drilled lanyard hole.
- Scallop Serration: Serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord. The scalloped serration offers even cutting power on both push and pull strokes and doesn't tear the material as much as other serration styles.
- SpeedSafe: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock:
- Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knifes steel liner, the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made In The USA: When you see this on one of Kershaw's knives, it means the knife was made in Kershaw's Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Made in the USA
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible (tip-up, tip-down) pocketclip
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, DLC coating
- Handle: 6061-T6 anodized aluminum, Trac-Tec inserts
- Blade length: 3 3/8 in. (8.6 cm)
- Closed length: 4 1/2 in. (11.4 cm)
- Overall length: 7 7/8 in. (20 cm)
- Weight: 3.9 oz.