Peltor 3M Dual Com Tac III (MT17H682FB-19 SV)
3M Peltor Comtac III two-way radio headset is the third generation of Comtac headsets to be produced by Peltor specifically for use in tactical and combat situations where durability in harsh conditions, compatibility with standard police and military gear, and reliable function are all basic requirements. The Comtac III ear cup profile has been improved, to better and more comfortably fit users wearing a variety of tactical helmets used by military and law enforcement professionals, including the Advanced Combat (ACH) and MICH Helmets. Ambidextrous boom mic placement, better salt water resistance, immunity to EMI events and improved TX/TX fail safe features, all combine to make Comtac III the best two way radio headset available for the modern warefighter or tactical police operative. Comtac III has a fixed connecting wire with a NEXUS TP-120 plug that fits into the mating jack on your choice of PTT radio adapter cables. The PTT adapter cable then attaches to your portable radio or intercom system. A wide variety of PTT radio adapters are available to enable use of Comtac III with most two way radios currently in use.
In addition to providing two-way radio connectivity, Comtac III includes two external microphones that pick up ambient sounds and amplify these up to 18 dB, providing the user with hearing that is considerably more acute while wearing Comtac III than he would have with an open ear. In the event of a nearby weapon discharge, the Comtac III amplifier instantly shuts down, providing the user with hearing protection from the noise event, automatically. As soon as the ambient noise returns to a safe level, the headset automatically resumes amplifying low sounds, providing unparalleled situational awareness wh ile automatically providing reliable hearing protection every time it is called for.
- Two-way radio connectivity with most radios via PTT adapter cables. By changing just the PTT cable, the same headset can be used with different radios.
- Earcup mounted microphones monitor ambient noise levels, amplifying low sounds and suppressing dangerously loud sounds for optimum situational awareness and automatic hearing protection.
- Two microphones provide stereo "talk-thru" sound letting the wearer perceive both intensity and direction of ambient sounds such as voices and vehicle noise.
- Radio traffic delivered to the ear is not dependent on battery power in the headset, so even if you drain the batteries, comm traffic will still be available.
- Headset is shaped to comfortably fit ACH and MICH helmets.
- Headband is fully adjustable to fit most adults.
- Voice boom mic is noise-canceling allowing use in high noise environments, and can be mounted on either side to serve both right and left handed shooters. The boom is flexible for exact placement.
- Rain and salt water resistant for all weather reliability.
- Meets environmental standard MIL-STD-810F.
- Meets EMI immunity standard MIL-STD-461E.
- Compliant with "Buy American", "TAA", and "Berry Amendment" requirements.
- Fielded by U.S. Army PEO Soldier and U.S. SOCOM.
- Powered by two AA batteries. Approximately 500 hours of battery life in service and 1200 hours on standby.