The Defensive Training series of ammunition is paired to our TacOps ammunition geared towards Tier One operators that want the absolute pinnacle in ballistics performance. The felt recoil and point of aim are matched closely to the TocOps ammunition to allow "practice with what your carry" at a fraction of the cost.
The Defensive Training series ammunition inherits the following characteristics from our TacOps ammunition.
This series of ammunition uses precisely metered clean burning American made powder and American made precision bullets. Remanufactured brass casings are used in Defensive Training to allow for lower prices. As part of quality control, PNW Arms hand inspects every single round to ensure quality for the discriminating shooter who demands the best.
- Lighter projectiles for faster travel
- Less felt recoil allowing faster sight recovery and more rounds on target
- Minimized flash effect during night shooting or covert operations
- Proudly made in the USA.
- Practice with what you carry.
- Paired with our TacOps that Tier One operators carry.
- Paired to Our TacOps Series
- .45 ACP - Defensive Training - Box of 50
- 185 Grain JHP Bullet
- 980 feet per second
Ammunition Caliber: .45 ACP
- Bullet Manufacturer: PNW Arms
- Bullet Type: Jacketed Hollow Point
- Bullet Length: .537 inches
- Bullet Weight: 185 grains
- Bullet Diameter: .451 inch
- Sectional Density: .131
- Ballistic Coefficient: .167
- Cartridge Overall Length: 2.260 inches
Ammunition Type Defensive Training
- Muzzle Velocity: 980 ft/sec
- Muzzle Energy: 395 ft/lb
- Avg. Chamber Pressure: 16,536 psi
- SAAMI Chamber Pressure: 21,000 psi
- Test Barrel Length: 5.25 inches