CAREERS AT CHEAPER THAN DIRT
Cheaper Than Dirt
The shipping supervisor acts as the primary driver supporting shipping customers orders in a timely manner and accuracy.
Also, as a secondary role, support the Warehouse Manager in the execution inventory control reports.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Determine staffing levels and coordinate workload for the shipping department using the Labor Planning and the Man power hours tool spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)
- Monitor and adjust staffing patterns to maintain 100% order shipped based on existing orders and anticipated incoming orders.
- Ensure that all orders are sorted and shipped daily during the shift.
- Monitor and adjust staffing patterns between pullers and packers.
- Supervise and manage all functions of the Invoicing office. This includes preparing invoices so orders can be pulled by the shipping staff. (Sort and Group)
- Track and monitor the productivity of workers engaged in pulling, packing and shipping orders.
- Coordinate the activities of the Shipping Lead to ensure all essential functions are achieved.
- Monitor and update shipping performance files to ensure shipping standards are maintained.
- Track and monitor costumer’s complaints originated by shipping errors/issues.
- Responsible for the performance management of the Shipping Department to include coaching and disciplinary actions.
- The shipping supervisor is responsible to keep updated job descriptions & responsibilities, operations processes and manuals for the shipping personnel.
- The shipping supervisor is responsible for the in Interview, select, and coordinate the training of shipping personnel.
- Coordinate the duties and activities for the shipping personnel transitioning from commission to hourly employees.
- The shipping supervisor provides support to the receiving personnel working into inventory reports on weekends.
- Review and notify purchasing in the need of necessary shipping supplies: boxes, tape, labels, filler, etc.
- Follow up with use and inventory of all inserts that the packers use while shipping customer’s orders.
- The shipping supervisor is responsible to close and secure the building, outside gates, all the inside roll-up doors and pedestrian doors inside the warehouse Monday thru Sunday. Also, on the weekends they are responsible to open the outside gates, all the inside roll-up doors and pedestrian doors inside the warehouse.
Additional Functions Statement while working in the warehouse:
- Follow warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Cross-trained in other warehouse positions.
- Maintain and continuously develop job knowledge and skills.
- Any and all other duties reasonably set by management.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions. Pays attention and asks questions when in doubt. Follow procedures and instructions pertaining to the position.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands by handling multiple tasks. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Must be able to multi-task.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management directions; Takes responsibility for own actions and calculated risk; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Some college preferred or 3 years of a Supervisor role.
Experience: Three to five years into the warehouse environment.
Computer Skills: Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
Other Requirements: Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Interested parties can upload a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.