- breadcrumb link
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filters
Lifestraw Personal Water Filters
There's a good reason LifeStraw personal water filters were named a
"Best Invention of the Year"
by TIME Magazine. The portable water filters allow you to drink water safely from contaminated sources.
How Can I Use LifeStraw?
Lifestraw can help homeowners during emergencies such as local flooding, which can contaminate drinking water supplies. Campers and hikers will find the LifeStraw ideal as they may drink from rivers or lakes and need to be sure of the water safety. The lightweight and compact design makes the survival straws and GO bottles great for all types of travelers.
What does LifeStraw filter out?
Its rigorous standards for water filtration surpass.
Features & Benefits
- Filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (greater than LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (greater than LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2 ounces!
- Does NOT use iodine or iodinized resin
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically without impacting shelf life.
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
Your LifeStraw, Your Way
There are three LifeStraw portable water filter products available at Cheaper Than Dirt: the Life Straw survival straw, the LifeStraw GO Bottle with built-in filter, and the LifeStraw Family large-volume water purifier.