Most Helpful Customer Reviews
|0 of 0 people found the following review helpful|
||Waste of material - 1/31/2009|
|This can be bought as a separate item or in a gear kit when you buy a gun new.
I got mine with my XD-M 9mm gear.
As a holster this is a waste of material used to make it.
1. Absolutely not for concealment unless outside the waist band like a Police officer is possible(cold areas that you wear long jackets). I do so I changed to the belt that would work best and got it fitted and situated.
2. Not comfortable or practical since you almost always have to move/adjust it (sit get in and out of car, pull you pant s up after my after dinner dump etc).
3. I tried running up and down my stairs 3 (flights) of stairs and chased my daughter around the house for about a half hour.
4. It is noisy jiggles so I tightened the retention screw to retain the gun but allow for a smooth purposeful draw. I really found no good solution.
5. For the gun to stay put when you run you must tighten it so much that when you go to draw it for use your pulling the holster off your pants or just pulling your pants up then jerking the gun out. 3+ sec you will not have if you need to use your gun in the first place.
I wish I could have given up the box and the extra crap in it for the light and magazine loader only.
As a holster this is a waste of material used to make it.|
|0 of 1 people found the following review helpful|
||XD Paddle Holster - 2/2/2009|
| well,i find the holster very useful and have the same type holster for a couple other guns i use to carry before getting the XD, which i now own 2 of them both 45s.the thing i like most is if you have to go in somewhere the weapon is not allowed, you just slip it off and then hack on.dont have to mess with the belt. i agree the belt type will stay put but i just like the ease of off and back on.i try not to mix my guns with small kids and i do have grandkids and hope i dont have to run very far to experence the noise problems.im 6'1 and 230lbs so my size might make it easier for me to use.i dont know but i do like the combination and when its locked under the belt,not the pants,and adjusted right i have no problem getting it out and on target.|