You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  4/20/2008 7:57 PM #2391
Blake

Last Post: 3/28/2009
Subject: Shooting .32 ACP in a .32 S&;W Long Revolver
Is it possible to fire a .32 ACP out of a .32 S&;W Long revolver? And if so what kinda problems would it cause?
A firearm is only as dangerous as the user wants it to be.

Posted:  5/1/2008 8:16 AM #2619
RendonRedneck

Last Post: 4/30/2009
Your first problem would be keeping the round in place, 32 ACP does not have a rim to hold the round in place without the use of a moon clip, In some guns this this is not a problem. The second thing would be to check that the gun is safe to use some of the older guns that use 32 S&;W long were not well maintained and are no longer safe to fire.

Both 32 ACP and 32 S&;W long have about the same FPS you are only saving a little bit in price by using the 32 ACP anyway.
I work to support my outdoor habit
Aaron
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Trained Gunsmith
According to wife outdoor and computer nut
I support the Bill of Rights
RendonRendneck@dovesoutdoors.com

Posted:  5/1/2008 8:42 AM #2620
Blake

Thanks for the reply,

The gun in question is a H&;R Model 732 that my father bought about 15 to 20 years ago and the gun looks like it just came out of the box (its seen a lot of time in the closet).

A few days ago a man he works with had just recently sold his Walther and offered my dad a few boxes of .32 ACP that he had left. So he took them beacuse he figured that there may be a chance of him being able to put them to good use in his revolver, but he wanted to know if it would be safe to fire them out of his gun.

And about your statement about it possibly needing a moon clip, I have found that the rounds have a very little rim just big enough to hold it in the cylinder, and assuming that they have the same case diameter I would think that it would be safe to fire the rounds since they are ballistically similar.

Posted:  8/14/2008 7:02 PM #2604
MacD37

Last Post: 5/4/2009
Blake sell the 32 acp ammo to someone who has a litttle 32 auto like the Beretta tom cat, and have some one order you some ammo that is proper for your dad's pistol. You're not going to fid that ammo in most cases in stock at most sporting goods stores, and Wally World will never stock anything that there is so little call for. Any gun shop can get you some 32 long ammo, but some of them will not order it box at a time, so you may have to buy a few boxes. Lee loader used to make a dies set for this little round, and they may still have them. they are cheap, and easy to use to load your own ammo for the little 32 H&;R! :wink:
Mac >>>===(x)===>
If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I have been to see the elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa

DRSS

Posted:  8/14/2008 7:18 PM #2605
Blake

We have two boxes of Aguila .32 S&;W Long that he ordered from Outdoor Source (I think that's the name of it) for around $7 a box.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums