You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  3/5/2013 7:11 PM #36780
JerDon

Last Post: 9/8/2013
Subject: Asking for oinions on the 7.62x54R MM platform. Seeking various types of rifles!

Hello, I am seeking to add another few rifles and prefer Semi;s in comparison to Bolt's. Can anyone out there tell me about what type of reliable Rifles new or old that are fun,safe as well reliable? I have only seen one other Rifle besides the general Russian types on this platform! So I am seeking opinions of what all does exist out there? I am not completely new to Guns but am to any Milsurp type rifles. Do they make newer ones as well? Luckily I ordered my brand new VEPR AK Platform  7.62x54R version rifle this week and shall be getting it end of week of the first of next. I am stoked about that ! I as well want a Mosin and does anyone know of anyone whom has one for sale, maybe? 

Since Iv'e become Disabled this is my newest f/t hobby now! I cannot go to the lake like I used to as I can hardly even load my boat alone anymore. So Shooting as well some minor collecting is what I am doing. I may get into reloading as well! If any of you do that what would be a good press and dies to begin with? I have read so much and there is so much out there it is hard to decide! Would a press do both 9MM Pistol as well the 7.62x54R or would that be a purchase of different ones? Ok I will edn it there as I could go on and on about asking and wanting to learn! 

Thanks in advance!

Jerry Don

I am into Misurp weapons as well newer ones and like to stay with a certain platform caliber wise as to be able to one day learn to reload. Anyone on a local basis whom loves to teach about relaoding well Im a great student! :-)
Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Vepr 7.62x54R I am in Wuvvvvvvv!
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!
And more but not to worthy of mentioning!

Posted:  3/5/2013 10:31 PM #36782
horselips

Last Post: 4/23/2014
Find yourself a nice Tokarev. It is a semiautomatic rifle in limited use by the USSR in WW2. They work great on Germans.

Posted:  3/12/2013 1:31 AM #36860
JerDon

Heya HorseLips

How have you been recently? I hope that all finds you well! I finally got my VEPR in the above mentioned platform and bled to be able to do so, but I find it interesting that you mention the caliber that you did! As Ive seen some MilSurp Pistols chambered in that and I thought the Ammo was rather hard to find or youd be better off reloading from what I hear? Heard it was rather expensive too? Is it? I have been looking into older but functional weapons and also love that The actual  German Mauser C96 "Broom handle" pistol that can be used a sa type Carbine as well! I would love that as I could use it with my Caracal CC10 I am getting and the Glock 17 Pistol! I have always wondered about the Tokarev as I saw that on Hikcock;s video's once. 

I am into Misurp weapons as well newer ones and like to stay with a certain platform caliber wise as to be able to one day learn to reload. Anyone on a local basis whom loves to teach about relaoding well Im a great student! :-)
Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!

Posted:  3/12/2013 1:32 AM #36861
JerDon

PS I Luckily know a guy who has the inside track on the Caracal's period but I cannot wait to get that Caracal CC10 and do some shooting with it! 
Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!

Posted:  3/12/2013 4:05 PM #36886
horselips

Last Post: 4/23/2014
NO! Not the Tokarev handgun - the SVT Tokarev RIFLE. It was chambered in 7.62x54 just like the Mosin-Nagants.

JerDon - I'm fine, thank you. Congrats on the VEPR. Enjoy!

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums