You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  1/25/2009 5:06 PM #15673
The Berserker

Last Post: 7/14/2010
Subject: Springfield XD .45 4 inch?
I am pretty much deciding to buy the XD 45 for my first handgun. I have shot and handled several other handguns but im just turning 21 in may and i am going to purchase my own for my b day... and i have researched a few choices for my first handgun for quite some time now and i know i want a tactical semi-auto and all the research on the xd has shown it to be an incredible for the price..... I also want to know where to go to get the best deal on one new in box. my local academy and gander mountain in the houston, tx area have the XD 45 4 inch barrel for 560 before tax. i havent checked with a few other local dealers yet, so im looking for any suggestions on where the best price for the xd could be found....
Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range...

Posted:  4/21/2009 7:21 PM #16097
jtaylor4141

Last Post: 4/21/2009

Sometimes Springfield runs specials mostly on new products to the market I bought my XD-40 at Gander Mountain because the price was right and they offered a holster, 3mags and mag holder for 349.00 which was the cheapest I found.I've looked all around and Gander was the best.I am very happy with my 40 I shoot twice a month never had any problems good luck with your choice

Posted:  6/2/2009 4:53 PM #16867
The Berserker

Last Post: 7/14/2010
yeah on my birthday i went to my local carters country and looked around a little looking for a deal....(i took a week off for vacation last week) i also checked out the local academy, which is a place ill never buy a gun from, and didnt find anything that seemed right for me. the nearest gander mountain is about an hour away and ive always known gander mountain to be a place that you just look at stuff and go somewhere else to buy or order because they are generally much higher priced. but everywhere i looked for the variation of xd.45 that i wanted i couldnt find it....the next day i had a cousin in town visiting me and we decided to waste some time and check out carters country again and i was there for maybe 45 mins gazing at all the pistols and even a socom II m1a1. and i didnt find anything that grabbed me again....then my cousin pointed out a springfield 1911 .45, used and with custom match trigger and looked pretty much new in box, with one mag, for 499......it was burried under all the 1700 dollar and up kimber and ed brown 1911s, which i try not to look at due to the painful pricetags....i wasnt going in there looking for a 1911 but this one was sweet and so was the price. i think it was the cheapest pistol in the store. but after about 20 mins of thinking really hard about it i went ahead and layed down the dough and its been six days and im not regretting it at all.......
Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range...

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums