You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  3/19/2007 11:04 PM #13726
wildmanofwichita

Last Post: 5/13/2010
Subject: MIXING/MATCHING ALICE/MOLLE GEAR
Members of the Forum,

I started this "NEW" topic for the sole purpose of seeing if the ALICE "System" can be used in conjunction with the "MOLLE" System, or, vice-versa. I believe, IMHO, that there are fellow survivalist who "MAY" have both sets, like I do, but, who may not know how to properly maximize their usage without spending additional monies to make a "Uniform" system, by either choosing to go strictly with ALICE or MOLLE gear. This would lead one to conclude if it is possible, would it be cost prohibitive to go with one "System" or the other, at the expense of equipment that is NOT "Uniform" in nature that has already been bought and paid for.

Is this a "Worthy Topic", or, is it impossible to do?

I guess the ex-Vet's will have to jump in and give us their deeper understanding of both "Systems" and the "Pros and Cons" for both "Systems" and, I hope they will help out those of us (like myself) that might be in this very peculiar situation. It will help immensly, these decisions/opinions that I hope will come forward, just on the basis of monies already spent acquiring equipment from both "Systems" without giving a second thought that there may be current and, possible future conflicts of usage/utilization.

Thank You "ALL" for hearing me out. 8)
"Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Those That OWN the Country, Ought to Govern It" (John Jay, 1st U.S. Supreme Court Justice)

Posted:  3/19/2007 11:22 PM #13727
tunacan

Last Post: 3/19/2007
Subject: mixing/matching
I'm really new to this forum stuff and how to get around this CTD site,is there somewhere to go to get info on exactly what yopu are talking about?? :lol:

Posted:  3/20/2007 8:50 AM #13728
RendonRedneck

Last Post: 4/30/2009
The Alice accessories can be attached to the Molle system.The Alice clips easily clip around the Molle webbing.
Most of the Molle gear equipped with the straps can be worn on the belt or suspender or ot setup with very little modification, by that I mean some people use zip ties to strengthen the molle straps or more the tighter.
I work to support my outdoor habit
Aaron
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Trained Gunsmith
According to wife outdoor and computer nut
I support the Bill of Rights
RendonRendneck@dovesoutdoors.com

Posted:  3/20/2007 10:45 AM #13729
Semper Paratus

Last Post: 5/18/2008
I hope we can get some people talking about this, I tried and it didn't work. :lol: Well a buddy of mine (marine) had the old ALICE packs in boot camp and now he is in Iraq he got issued the MOLLE, we had long conversaions about these things(I just got the MOLLE) he said the MOLLE are so much better, the ALICE packs, when you fill them, push the weight out so it makes you lean backwards more which is more uncomfy, the MOLLE packs have the weight more up and down and makes the weight more even, also you can fit more in some of the MOLLE packs he said and that the pack cheaper than dirt sells, is a pretty good deal. My MOLLE I am going to put a hydro system on it and a utility, emt and another pouch on for some of my smaller gear that I may need to get fast and I will wear my vest that has mag pouches a buttpack and a pistol belt for putting mag holders and whatnot on....I think I got a really good setup.hope this helped. If you have a question in mind i'll do my best
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posted:  3/20/2007 10:54 AM #13730
RendonRedneck

Last Post: 4/30/2009
The Alice pack is hard to link up but the rest of the gear can be fitted together with the Molle system. I have put Alice pouches to Molle gear, but I have to say I like the Molle system better then the Alice system.
I work to support my outdoor habit
Aaron
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Trained Gunsmith
According to wife outdoor and computer nut
I support the Bill of Rights
RendonRendneck@dovesoutdoors.com

Posted:  3/20/2007 6:21 PM #13725
wildmanofwichita

MOLLE systems are in "PLASTIC". My Step-Son (82nd Airborne) is ready to go to Afghanistan again (4th Tour) and the MOLLE "Backpack-Rucksack" FRAMES BREAK when hitting the ground. He told me to get the ALICE System (METAL Backpack Frame) because they take a lot more ABUSE than even the 5th generation MOLLE set-ups.

So, am I in trouble since I have the ALICE "Metal" backpack with all of my extras in MOLLE equipment/gear?

I have just found out from my Brother (101st Airborne, attached to the 3rd Infantry and worked with the LA &; GA National Guard in Irak &; Afghanistan) that possessing, or, even TRYING to acquire a IBA/OTV is a "FEDERAL FELONY OFFENSE". I want two (2) "Interceptor Body Armor" (IBA) vests because of the UNLIMITED amount of MOLLE hook-ups and set-ups. I do NOT want the 18lb. "Armor" or "Ceramic" plates that go with the five (5) piece System.

I just want the "Vest", the "legality" of this is a bunch of BS. If ANYBODY can find me a pair of "IBA's", send me a "private" message, before May 1st, that date is when the "4th Amendment" to the US Constitution CEASES TO EXIST under PATRIOT ACT's I &; II.

BRAND NEW "IBA/OTV" VEST's ARE $800.00 a piece, a FULLYY FUNCTIONAL "IBA-OTV" 5 piece set-up with "Armor &; Ceramics" set up will set you back over $2000.00 per set-up, but, it is illegal JUST TO TRY and acquire this equipment/gear.

ANY help would be surely appreciated and welcomed.

I really would like to know how to utilize my 2 MEDIUM ALICE "METAL" BACKPACK'S with my MOLLE equipment/gear.

I just got two (2) "Brand New-Mint Condition-Still Plastic Wrapped" ECWSS Modular Sleeping Bag 4 piece set-ups for under $350, when they are $550 a piece BRAND NEW.

ANY takers with regards to my predictament? 8)

"Those That OWN the Country, Ought to Govern It" (John Jay, 1st U.S. Supreme Court Justice)

Posted:  5/20/2007 10:45 PM #13596
cardcamo

Last Post: 6/7/2008
Subject: molle fears
the molle system looks "cool" and flexable..but I am still not sure ..I have alice gear that I think Napoleon used that still does the trick...I think you could hook it together and tow a car :lol: I have heard too many mixed reviews of the stuff..but I guess pretty soon Alice gear is gonna be "antique' and too expensise to but so I guess then we'll all have a pretty good idea how molle stands up...now I'm not knockin it, it just looks flimsy...but I would like some web gear made out of tank treads and barbed wire.. :wink:
You can lead a person to water, but you can't make them think..

Posted:  5/21/2007 1:45 AM #13585
wildmanofwichita

Just give me you's all "opinion" when the MOLLE 4th Generation gear comes out. 8)

Posted:  5/21/2007 10:49 AM #13590
Semper Paratus

I got a MOLLE pack and when I got it I thought "wow this is really cheap, it even bends"...so I filled it with tons of gear and have been going hiking and such....still has been holding up fine.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posted:  5/25/2007 10:38 PM #13675
cardcamo

did you buy it hear?

Posted:  5/25/2007 11:13 PM #13678
Semper Paratus

Yes I got the MOLLE pack here, nice pack actually.

Posted:  5/26/2007 12:08 AM #13679
cardcamo

well, thank you

Posted:  8/31/2008 6:36 PM #14363
MR SLOW

Last Post: 5/15/2009
interceptor vest can't be government property. You can have a interceptor vest made. There is plenty of copies out there and there legal to own. The same goes with owning military night vision, its illegal. Just have a reciept from the store proofing it is not government property.Bulletproofme.com sells interceptors vest and plates to civilans.

Posted:  8/31/2008 11:41 PM #14367
Jeffrey

Last Post: 12/18/2009
Malice clips replace alice clips for use on molle/pals webbing.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/maliceclipand174.aspx
When was the last time you went to the range?

Posted:  9/2/2008 7:24 PM #14414
wildmanofwichita

There "might" be bogus copies of the "OTV Interceptor IBA" body armor, if it has a NSN imprinted on it, its the real deal. You live in Illinois, huh? I would NOT be telling people you have stuff like that, especially in this State. Go drive your car around wearing it and get pulled over and see what happens. Want to make the pull over even more spectacular? Have the "ESAAPI Plates" installed; you'll be in Joliet before you can say "Blues Brothers." 8) 8)

ONLY "Military &; LEO" can "LEGALLY" own body armor, one exception, if the U.S. Government "Declares" the "Interceptor" surplus (because of Dragon Skin.....); if they have not done this YET, you MUST be MIL-LEO to own it-State Law. :? :?

Posted:  10/28/2008 10:48 AM #14590
MR SLOW

Last Post: 5/15/2009
WILDMAN , Go to bulletproofme.com and ask for a interceptor vest with level 4 plates. They will hook you right up. It is not government property. A guy working on a oil rig comes back and has no need for his company vest. I believe this is a grey area. body armour is allow in illinois and so are level 3 sapi plates. I'm in high risk security work.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums