You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  7/3/2014 8:23 AM #42251
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 8/20/2014
Subject: Government Target releases a statement on guns that Second Amendment supporters may not like
(www.theblaze.com) By Pete Kasperowicz- Retail giant Target announced Wednesday that it is asking people not to bring firearms into its stores, even when those stores are located in towns that allow “open carry.” “Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so,” interim Target CEO John Mulligan said. “But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target — even in communities where it is permitted by law,” he said. Mulligan said Target has spent considerable time weighing this “complex issue,” but said the chain wants to “create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members.

“This is a complicated issue, but it boils down to a simple belief: Bringing firearms to Target creates an environment that is at odds with the family-friendly shopping and work experience we strive to create.”

Target’s decision came after weeks of pressure from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a mothers group that has pushed other stores to enact similar policies. The same group pressured Chipotle, Starbucks and other stores to ask customers not to bring weapons onto store premises.

Posted:  7/3/2014 3:01 PM #42254
horselips

Last Post: 8/19/2014
THANKS open carry morons! Your half-assed effort to make people comfortable around armed law-abiding citizens has succeeded in turning yet another major corporation against us. Open carry attention whores won't be happy until Bloomberg's Moms get a million signatures on their next petition. Hopefully the open carry loons lugging rifles and shotguns into retail stores will now boycott them so I don't have to be around them. Chipotle and Starbucks should have sent the message loud and clear. But open carry Neanderthals are too dumb to stop digging when they're in a hole, so now they've tunneled their way to Target and many others and who knows who's next. BOTTOM LINE: Open carry is for the wilderness only. Concealed carry is the only appropriate method anywhere else. Got it? GOOD. Now STFU and stop making trouble for the 2nd Amendment. We have enough enemies as it is without our so-called friends making things worse.

Posted:  7/16/2014 9:35 AM #42366
Owen49

I normally carry concealed. However, if carrying whether concealed or openly is not welcome in a business, I don't spend any money there.

Posted:  7/16/2014 9:35 AM #42367
Owen49

I normally carry concealed. However, if carrying whether concealed or openly is not welcome in a business, I don't spend any money there.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums