You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  12/19/2013 2:21 PM #40028
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 8/20/2014
Subject: New Gun Rumors – What Will We See at the SHOT Show?
From Guns, Holsters and Gear, by Richard Johnson- T-Minus four weeks and counting.  The 2014 SHOT Show is nearly here, and we are starting to hear about some of the new products that will be on display in Vegas.  Here is a list of new guns that are rumored to be coming in January. Full Size Diamondback Pistol – I spoke with an employee of Diamondback a little over a year ago.  At that time, they had a prototype of a full size, striker fired handgun that was nearing production.  Shortly thereafter, the crazy buying frenzy hit and we did not see the gun introduced at the SHOT Show. I suspect that with orders for AR-15 rifles and existing pistols rolling in, Diamondback decided to focus on getting existing products out the door rather than tooling up for a new line.  If so, we could see the new gun in January.  Read more on the gun in my article here.

2009 SHOT Show SIG556

Glock 42 – The introduction of the Glock 42 seems to be a foregone conclusion.  Details on the new Glock model 41 have already leaked out, and the company is running an ad suggesting the introduction of a subcompact pistol.  While many people have been asking Glock for a single stack 9mm pistol (and a rifle for that matter), my guess would be a Ruger LCP-style .380 ACP handgun.  I don’t know how saturated that market is at this point, but I’m sure the company would sell a bunch of them.

Springfield Armory XD-S 40 – Several months ago, I believed the introduction of an XD-S pistol in .40 S&W was a sure thing.  Now I’m not so sure.  Springfield Armory hit a major snag with the recall of the XD-S product line.  The company is repairing the guns, but several delays have caused some unrest with the company’s customers.  Springfield Armory might make the decision to just show the current product line at the SHOT Show.  Once the recall is handled, the company could announce the XD-S 40 at the NRA show in April to a more receptive crowd.  But, that is pure speculation.

SIG Sauer Something – The folks at SIG have been cooking up a new product that has been kept under wraps.  Frankly, I don’t know what it is.  The one company rep I spoke with stated that it will “turn a few heads” and was a lot more than just a new finish on an existing gun.  Last year, the company introduced a new line of SMGs and sound suppressors, so I am eager to see what they believe will be catching the attention of gun buyers this year.

FN AR-15 – It might seem too late to grab a piece of the black rifle buying bubble, but I would not be surprised to see FN-USA jump into the civilian AR-15 market.  It is my understanding FN once made M16 rifles for the USMC and was awarded a contract for M4 rifles by the US military earlier this year.  They definitely have some experience in the arena, and making a quality AR-15 should be an easy task.

Read the original article here: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2013/12/16/new-gun-rumors-will-see-shot-show/?utm_source=GunsHolstersAndGear+Newsletter&utm_campaign=83b3b4ec07-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b938a28466-83b3b4ec07-335030517 . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.

Posted:  12/19/2013 9:16 PM #40033
horselips

Last Post: 9/30/2014
If I see one more cut-down-into-a-pistol rifle, I'm gonna barf.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums