You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  6/6/2014 9:39 AM #41977
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 8/20/2014
Subject: Gun Store Sign: ‘Will Trade Obama To Mexico For Sgt. Tahmooressi’
From CBS Houston: Katy, Texas (CBS HOUSTON) – Continuing its critical shots at President Barack Obama, the Tactical Firearms store of Katy, Texas, has yet another weekly message for the president: “Will Trade Obama To Mexico For Sgt. Tahmooressi. God help us all.” The message references U.S.M.C. Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, who is being held in a Mexican prison after mistakenly crossing the border with registered guns. A few weeks before, the store posted another sign taking aim at Obama: “I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented,” the Tactical Firearms sign states.

The store’s owner, Jeremy Alcede, said the “undocumented” sign was meant to be looked at as a joke.

“Thank God for our First and Second Amendment rights,” Alcede told KTRK-TV in a statement. “It’s meant as a joke. It’s meant to be funny.”

An additional gun rights message posted by the same store reads: “Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office.”

The most recent sign calls into question the difference between Sgt. Tahmooressi’s imprisonment versus that of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was released from Taliban custody in exchange for five prisoners of war being held by the U.S.

Although not a prisoner of war, Tahmooressi’s mother says he served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and now suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Friends of the Marine say he has been tortured and threatened with rape and death.

Many have made the comparison as to why Bergdahl was the focus of so much U.S. effort for release, while Tahmooressi remains in Mexico.

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., told Fox News: ” … as far as the administration went for Bergdahl, Andrew Tahmooressi is still stuck in a Mexican jail for making a wrong turn and the only thing grabbing the president’s attention so far is an online petition that forces him to respond.”

– Benjamin Fearnow

View image on Twitter

Posted:  6/6/2014 2:35 PM #41985
horselips

Last Post: 8/19/2014
cool.

Posted:  6/9/2014 10:25 AM #42005
mtnboomer

Last Post: 8/18/2014
Now THAT's a trade I would agree 100% with!
"I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes and shoot 'em with my ol' .45, cuz a country boy can survive!" Hank Williams, Jr.

Support the Second Amendment - Join the NRA http://www.nra.org

Oklahoma State #1 - GO POKES!

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums