You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  1/20/2013 1:42 AM #36115
ancona77

Last Post: 9/18/2013
Subject: I ask the gun grabbers this.
I present my argument to the gun grabbers. First let's imagine the SO CALLED military/assault rifles never existed in civilians hands. Say this ban and proposals were in affect. Would Adam lanza still have commited this horrible crime? Could he have not done the same thing with two handguns and the shotgun in his trunk? What about just four handguns? Say he used the four handguns, a 9mm handgun is capable of holding 19 rounds. That's 68 rounds that are capable of being fired just as rapid as a AR15 since their both semi auto. Now that's 68 rounds capable of being fired WITHOUT reloading a single magazine, you just switch guns or wield two at once. In a gun free zone there is no one to stop a bad guy. He could walk into a room block the door and hold everyone hostage with a single handgun, twenty magazines and shoot everyone and rate of fire or magazine limits wouldn't of mattered. So I ask you.... Would this ban prevent anything? The fact is these style of rifles are in thousands of good responsible citizens hands that have commited no crime. Is it fair to strip everyones right for the acts of a few mental madmen? The fact is these rifles in the grand picture have been used only in a small percent of crimes compared to a handgun. The media has demonized this one specific type of gun to convince the public one type of gun is more dangerous than another. So I ask you what is the point of banning certain types of guns if the same crime could of still been commited? The fact is a AR15 is one of the smallest caliber guns and their are far more destructive guns out their. Even under NY's new law with 7 round magazines that's still 28 rounds without reloading. This ban will obviously accomplish nothing but criminalize good people. After all criminals don't go to the stores to buy their guns They steal them, just the same as Adam lanza did. The real issues here is not the gun at all, regardless of the type of gun. It's the mental status of these individuals which is a whole nother debate on society itself. People commit the evil act and in doing so choose their method and tool of destruction. You cant legislate evil intentions. So I ask you If Adam lanza would of used a bomb would we be addressing gun bans or the individual that did it? This post is about the attack on certain types of guns. To say one gun is more deadly than another and could pevent crimes that are just as capable of being commited with another type of gun warrants no reason for a ban therefore making it a infringement. This is a political knee jerk and use of a tragedy to push a gun grab agenda with the media's help in scaring the public into giving up their rights slowly. Yes its a tragedy but let us not forget and as sinister as it may sound do not balance a number of deaths valuable in their own right against the millions of deaths equally valuable who died defending and preserving these rights. With our right to bear arms comes great responsibility. Please respect and value our right that so many fought and sacrificed for....... "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
HAPPINESS IS A WELL FED BELT FED!

Posted:  1/20/2013 12:54 PM #36118
horselips

Last Post: 7/24/2014
You're not getting it. You're missing the point. The Democrats know full well that limiting magazine size and banning this or that category of firearms isn't going to change anything regarding public safety. They're not stupid. Just evil.

The whole point of any gun control law is maintaining the pressure of incrementalism. How many times do I have to make the point that when dealing with liberals, nothing is as it appears? There is always, ALWAYS a nefarious goal or objective buried in the fog of concern for the public interest. To understand a Democrat's true intention, don't follow the money - don't follow the hype - follow the POWER. Find the part of any bill that gives the government authority it didn't have before, and THAT'S what it's really all about. The rest is smokescreen.  

Nobody except Democrats knew that Medicare and Medicaid were just incremental steps to Obamacare, which itself is an incremental step towards single-payer healthcare. Only Democrats knew that Social Security, originally touted as nothing more than a supplement to your own savings, would become the budget-devouring tax and spend monster it is today. Only Democrats knew that welfare and unemployment insurance, once offered as short-term assistance for a temporary problem, would morph into an instrument of permanent dependency.

And Democrats know that the eventual intent of small scale and arguably ineffective gun controls is the total disarmament of the American people. And you thought the new gun control law was about assault weapons and magazines? WAKE UP. It's about closing the so-called gun-show loophole. It's really about the complete takeover by the government of the sale and transfer of firearms, removing the process completely from the private sector. Nobody will be able to buy or sell guns (and soon ammo as well) without the 'mark of the beast' - the approval of the NICS. Under government control, watch the number of people allowed to complete a purchase or transfer of a firearm or ammunition to shrink and shrink.

WATCH and learn how this is going to be done. The process starts out with Democrats asking Americans to give up the sun, moon and stars of the 2nd Amendment, knowing full well that they'll trade their ridiculous initial demands for a seemingly limited and innocuous compromise. They are fully prepared to give up on banning magazines and assault weapons if they can just get federal control of the entire firearms market, which universal background checks will give them. The Democrats will achieve 2 goals with just that concession. First they get more power, and second, they get to blame Republicans for endangering society, giving them future ownership of the issue. If the Republicans cave and give them a ban as well as control of the market, Democratic Party policy wonks will have won the political lottery and be reduced to giggling disbelief at their good fortune. 

Posted:  1/20/2013 3:41 PM #36119
ancona77

Last Post: 9/18/2013
Horselips, I thought that's in a sense is what I said when I said, This is a political knee jerk and use of a tragedy to push a gun grab agenda with the media's help in scaring the public into giving up their rights slowly........ True these democrat and liberals politicians are smart but a lot of the common people are dumb and blind. This is just what I ask them to explain to me their logic behind a ban on one type of gun and not another aside from the 2nd amendments meanings and their true agenda. Every single one of them have not been able to give me a honest logical answer to the heart of what I was saying with out changing the subject, side stepping it or resort to name calling and personal attacks.
HAPPINESS IS A WELL FED BELT FED!

Posted:  1/20/2013 7:37 PM #36120
horselips

Last Post: 7/24/2014
You're right - my bad. But don't hold your breath waiting for an honest answer from a Democrat. Most lower level garden variety, man-on-the-street Democrats are as caught up in the hype and emotion of a campaign, and thus as clueless, as the average Republican, independent, and sorry to say, the NRA and GOA. That's probably why no spokeman from either organization has exposed the Democratic Party agenda for what it really is - not just a reduction in our civil rights, but a furthering concentration of power in the hands of the government.

Posted:  1/25/2013 3:06 PM #36224
rusty shackleford

Last Post: 12/31/2013
"First you get the money.... then you get the power"

I dont know why but I find that quote somewhat appropriate. I agree with both of you on this subject and have only this to say.

Buy your guns now while you still can, along with ammo.
Buy more guns than you need so you can have spare parts and the ability to arm others.

Because whatever the government does, they still have the big disadvantage created by the 2nd ammendment. You cant argure with 60 million armed people, civillian or otherwise, and as for the military? I would like to think they wouldnt be willing to fight their owns families, at least not the grunts. I could be wrong, but I'll guess we'll find out when the time comes.

ssssha shaw pocket sand!

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums