You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  9/14/2012 8:33 AM #34039
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 8/20/2014
Subject: Did Obama have Intel that Attacks Were Coming?
Form gopusa.com: A British newspaper is quoting U.S. diplomatic sources as saying that the State Department had "credible information" two days before the attacks in Egypt and Libya occurred. Two days! What is the Obama administration saying? They are denying any such intelligence existed. According to The Independent, senior diplomatic sources said that "the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and 'lockdown', under which movement is severely restricted."

The killings of the US ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were likely to have been the result of a serious and continuing security breach, The Independent can reveal.

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the "safe house" in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed "safe".

This information is not sitting well with the Obama administration at all. In a report on Politico.com, the Obama administration is "flatly denying a blaring British newspaper report that the U.S. diplomats in Libya were killed as a result of a 'continuing security breach,' and that 'credible information' about possible attacks had been ignored."

Shawn Turner, spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, emailed: "This is absolutely wrong. We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent."

The British paper quotes Under Secretary of State Patrick Kennedy as saying that he was "convinced the assault was planned due to its extensive nature and the proliferation of weapons."

Read the full story at The Independent

Posted:  9/14/2012 1:48 PM #34050
horselips

Last Post: 8/19/2014
American Intel knew it was coming, but Obama doesn't attend the briefings. He's running for re-election dontcha know. Vegas, Letterman, JayZ and fund raising all come first. As Rush Limbaugh quipped, "Romney is now going to get daily security briefings from the White House. I wonder when Obama will start getting his?" 

Posted:  9/14/2012 4:49 PM #34052
Amazingrace II

Last Post: 10/2/2012
Of course they knew or at the least suspected something would happen. I 'm in New York, I went to the City on Sept 9th, It was full of visible security at key locations. So I ask you,  If New York anticipated an attack on 9/11/12, and clearly prepared for one. Why didn't the administration prepare for one at least at the "Hot" zone's around the world. Really, one guard with no bullets  at the embassy......... in Libya of all places, That's  unbelievable................No, I shouldn't say unbelievable..................I should say it is expected from this entire administration.

The  world is burning,  and Obama is roasting marshmallows. 
@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);
When the second falls the rest will follow.

Posted:  9/14/2012 4:50 PM #34053
Amazingrace II

Last Post: 10/2/2012
@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css); @import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);
Of course they knew or at the least suspected something would happen. I 'm in New York, I went to the City on Sept 9th, It was full of visible security at key locations. So I ask you,  If New York anticipated an attack on 9/11/12, and clearly prepared for one. Why didn't the administration prepare for one at least at the "Hot" zone's around the world. Really, one guard with no bullets  at the embassy......... in Libya of all places, That's  unbelievable................No, I shouldn't say unbelievable..................I should say it is expected from this entire administration.

The  world is burning,  and Obama is roasting marshmallows. 
@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);
When the second falls the rest will follow.

Posted:  9/14/2012 6:18 PM #34054
asmurff

Last Post: 11/8/2012
Obama is an accessories in these attacks.

Posted:  9/17/2012 6:29 AM #34083
Kull

Last Post: 8/13/2014
They knew about the intel but didn't give it priority. Instead it's easier to go with the sleight of hand and blame it on some stupid movie.Yes,this was the cause according to our fearless leader. It had nothing to do with the anniversary of 9/11. Nothing at all. The attacks taking place at Benghazi and Egypt at the same time were mere coincidence.No bullets in our guards weapons? WTF! What kind of politically correct crap is that exactly! Sorry, I just don't get that,what is the purpose? Oh look terrorists, I have a big bad gun. I bet you're real scared now ,aren't you!

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums