You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  1/2/2013 12:39 PM #35791
awake12

Last Post: 1/4/2013
Subject: When Time To Geocache your AR-15 and AK-47?
I am sure everyone is aware of the legislation that Diane Feinstein will introduce tomorrow to ban the sale, manufacturer, TRANSFER, or import of assault style weapons. Also in the bill is that if you have one of these type that are grandfathered in, they are going to make you come down to their location, re-register your firearm, take your picture, and fingerprint you. And then they will do an additional background check and the ATF will decide if you can keep that gun. If they allow you to keep the firearm, then you will have to pay a yearly $200 tax per gun to keep it.

A lot of people will not go along with this and will choose to ignore the unlawful/unconstitutional law or executive order. This will cause them to be swat teamed by local/county/state/federal police to their house where violence will pursue. My question is, when is it time to geocache your unlawful semiauto? What are some of the signs?

Posted:  1/5/2013 5:43 AM #35849
Treadmark

Last Post: 9/1/2013
Poll: Which should I cache / keep ?

cache assault guns / keep old guns   0%
 0   Votes
  Cache old guns / keep assault guns   0%
 0   Votes
  cache some assault guns / keep other assault guns   100%
 1   Votes
  cache em all / keep compound bow   0%
 0   Votes

Total Votes:  1

I say the time to cache any supplies is now.  My quandry is which weapons to cache.  Do I cache my "assault weapons" because they might come for them?  Or do I keep my "assault weapons" handy in case I need them.  Do I cache my time honored, inherited collection guns, like my grandfather's 1908 .22 ? Or my other grandfather's .30-.30 lever action?   How about my marmot hunting 22-250 with scope and bi-pod ?  And lets not forget,  whatever we cache,  we need to cache all telltale signs of owning them; all the papers, all the ammo, all the reloading equip. in that caliber, and all the old boxes that we used to store reloaded ammo in that caliber.  I learned that lesson when I went to Canada.  I told them about all my long guns, but when they searched my trailer, they found a box of .380's.  They tore my trailer apart, even after I told them that I sold that gun long ago (which was the truth).  We all know not to leave a paper trail.  Well, how 'bout leaving a diversionary paper trail?  Bills of sale anyone?  You know they'll check your computer hard drive when they come, so create those bills of sale deep in your computer for them to find when they "search" it.  How 'bout storing a lot of info in your computer to look like your bug out location...  far away from your real destination.  We all sit up late at night on our computers; why not have a little fun with the "brown shirts" when they come.

I'll meet you all out there in the woods somewhere, when the time comes.

Posted:  1/5/2013 9:51 AM #35850
Dannyboy53

Last Post: 1/6/2013
In my opinion there is NO time to cache. What is the point in the 2nd Amendment, or even defending it if I do this? Mine are staying where they are until we need them...whatever that use may be.

My wife and I are former Peace Officers and have decided we have lost enough. Most rights are no longer recognized and much of our income has been, and will continue to be, stolen from those of us that produce and is given to those that don't.

The Second Amendment, as the late Mr. Charlton Heston said, is our "first right". Without it, all the others will be irretrievably lost.

We're hiding nothing.

Posted:  1/5/2013 5:29 PM #35851
Treadmark

DannyBoy53,  I agree with you in part.  However,  my needs are a little different,  and I haven't yet finalized my plans.   I definitely will fight.  I want to leave where I'm at and go to another state to do my fighting.  I plan to cache some of my guns in that state.  Then,  when the SHTF,  I can move and not have any guns to confiscate, should I get stopped.  When I get there,  I'll arm myself and join my friends in the fight.  Maybe I'll keep a handgun or two with me, for self defense,  that I don't expect to be on Feinstein's list.

Posted:  1/5/2013 6:08 PM #35852
Dannyboy53

Hi Treadmark! I understand your position and agree that is the best route for your present situation. I'm just saying that is the line drawn in the sand for Mary and I. Some will disagree with the actions proposed by you and I and that is their choice/right. Such a radical stance is not going to be for everyone as it was not in 1775!

For Mary and I we simply chose not to live under tyranny or a dictatorship. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors my Patriot friend.

Posted:  1/5/2013 6:40 PM #35853
Dannyboy53

Hey awake12, first let me say I'm a novice to moderate computer user, many of you probably can smoke me in that department. However there is a utility that I use found here that may be an answer to anyone's concerns about unauthorized searches on your hard drive. It can be used to locate files (pictures, etc.) and they can be deleted. Now how well this is removed I don't know, they claim whatever you delete is permanately gone.

The only other option that I am aware of is to put a round through your hard drive when the SHTF and the regime is coming up the driveway!

Posted:  1/5/2013 10:50 PM #35856
Yocs03

Last Post: 2/2/2013
What I dont understand is, if the law states that you can legally sell a firearm from one person to another. Why wouldnt everyone just claim that they sold their firearms?

Posted:  1/6/2013 12:11 AM #35857
Treadmark

Yocs03;   We will tell them all about the sale of our firearms and how we forgot the name of who we sold them to.   Read my post above, if you want to screw with the feds when they come around,  about putting diversionary bills of sale into your computer,  or even printing them out and putting them with your other gun papers.  Just make sure all the dates jive, with when you bought it, and when you sold it.  Make sure you don't "sell" it after they change the rules.  Remember,  your computer leaves a dated "footprint" (invisible to you and me) on any document that you make.  So make sure that the date you print on the bill of sale is the same date that your computer puts on it. Ya better make out these "bills of sale" soon,  before they change the rules.  Remember,  you don't have to do any bills of sale.  That is only if you want to screw with the feds when they check your ****.  Still,  don't be surprised if they don't believe you and dig up your whole back yard looking for them.  A lot of people talk about "caching"  them in their back yard.  That is the dumbest place, since it is the first place the feds will look.

The reason I showed my concern (above) about caching my old guns is because:  even though they may not be on the list in the beginning,  they will be sooner or later.  When they come around to collect your assault rifles,  they will document every other gun that is in the house (backdoor registration).  Then,  when they out law all guns, they will know exactly where to come to pick up the rest of your cherished weapons.  So,  I think I'll be caching them too.

Posted:  1/6/2013 12:39 AM #35858
Dannyboy53

Yocs03, You are right in your understanding that we can legally buy/sell firearms among ourselves under certain conditions. The US Code says this in part;

"A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his state, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law."  18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5)
source: atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons

I'm not sure, at this time, if the Regime has any legal standing in challenging your assertion that you sold the firearm(s). But we all know they will probably change the rules to cover the bases.

Posted:  1/6/2013 12:54 AM #35859
Dannyboy53

Treadmark I agree with not "caching" firearms in the backyard. We might as well save both parties the trouble and leave them on the front porch as bury them in the yard! They will have the assets to make a quick and easy job of the search.

However they are welcome to dig up my backyard! I live on the side of a mountain, very rocky ground, and it's a little over ten acres .

Posted:  5/6/2013 9:37 PM #37615
rusty shackleford

Last Post: 12/31/2013
I am of the mind that if and when that time comes, we start fighting back, but that's just me. if/when it comes down to it, I will probably cache my "assault(verb) rifle(noun)" and keep my well loved mosin. Some may question this move, but all I can say is this: My driveway is 7/10ths of a mile long, and my roof and or the tree in front of my house offer a clear view of all but 1/7th of that. after that, time to join the rest of you in the woods.
ssssha shaw pocket sand!

Posted:  5/6/2013 10:20 PM #37620
Treadmark

@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css); Rusty,  I like your thinking.   Everyone should have ranging marks in all directions from their home. (remember,  they may not come up the driveway).  If you live in an area where you can,  you should take a few shots from your favorite gun, in each of those directions,  just to make sure you can knock the fly off the cats ass.

Posted:  5/6/2013 10:35 PM #37621
Treadmark

@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css); @import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);
I've finally made up my mind what I'm gonna do.  I'll cache my time honored weapons, since I don't shoot them much anyway,  and I'll stash ammo... lots of it.  I'll keep my weapons of war, close at hand.  
Reason:   When the SHTF I will have to bug out.  I won't have time to collect all my other weapons and move them.  So I'll already have that done.  I will only keep the weapons that I can bug out with.  Of course,  I will keep plenty of ammo in case I get pinned down and can't move.  I keep many loaded mags, in a shoulder carry keeper.  It carries 8 loaded 30 round mags,  plus the one in the gun.  That way I can sling the mags and take off running, if need be.
Right now,  I don't have the means to make several cache locations,  but that is what I will build toward.  Right now, I just have one,  and when I get it fully stocked (guns, ammo, food, water, clothes),  then I'll start working on a second cache. 
@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);

Posted:  5/10/2013 9:47 AM #37703
rusty shackleford

Wow big pic. Yeah I don't have any cache spots myself, need to work on that. I am considering making one or 2 hidden spots along the rail line just up the street from my house. I think that when TSHTF, that it will be by far safer to travel along the rail lines (on foot) then it will be to go along the road. I don't think the gov. or most other people would think to do that so it should be relatively safe. Then again I could be wrong.
ssssha shaw pocket sand!

Posted:  5/10/2013 10:37 AM #37704
Treadmark

I dunno....Rusty....
They may watch the rails;  thats a pretty easy one to watch.
I'll hit the woods on foot.
Remember,  the gov't boys own the night.  They can see in the dark better than an owl.  They can have observations posts, where you don't expect them, and where they can see anything that moves for miles...

I have both military and police experience.  I know what can be seen from the ground and from the air, both day and night.  I have some pretty good ideas on how to keep out of sight.   I know how to avoid being seen,  because I have been on the other end of that stick.  My experience in Police Helicopters is invaluable.  I used NVG, FLIR, Infrared and some other neat gizmo's.   I know what it is like to own the night.  Unless you have that equipment yourself,  you better avoid any populated areas where the enemy lurks.  Stay under the trees.  If you hear a chopper get under the trees.  Hug the trunk and don't move.  I used to sit off anywhere from 2 to 5 miles and watch drug dealers.   I also know where I lost sight of them when they ran.  Keep your body as cool as possible to avoid the infrared.  If you can,  hug up against something hot.  That way your body blends with the heat signature and you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

@import url(http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Forums/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);

Posted:  5/14/2013 10:11 AM #37737
rusty shackleford

Sound advice, what about hiding in drainage pipes etc. Also if TSHTF I expect the military to side with us civvies and not with the gov, same with the police. maybe not all of them, but I except more than half. My main reason for traveling along the rail system is that most (raiders, scavengers, bondage gear wearing mad max type villains) probably wouldn't think about it, at least I would hope not. Also the rail system can lead to some good remote areas to set up a base camp (tunnels, mines etc.) although I would stay away from subway or "metro" rails.
ssssha shaw pocket sand!

Posted:  5/14/2013 2:52 PM #37741
Treadmark

Rusty,
 Remember that my experience is hunting bad guys from helicopters with a search team (including canines) on the ground.   I used my NVG and Infrared to find targets which I would direct my ground teams to search.I've had guys hide in drainage pipes and I found them.  At first, I can't see them.  But if they stay there for more than a few minutes,  I start getting the heat coming out of the pipe.  I've found many bad guys by sending my canine unit to search a "suspicious" heat signature in barrels, pipes, garbage cans, dumpsters, sheds, covered boats, ect.

My other flight experience and training is (w/DEA) looking for buried grow houses.  They have their own signature.  But Heck,  they may not even be looking for you, and they may not even be a military or police type.   You don't have to worry about every chopper, But if you hear one,  hide.  Wait for it to go away.   Keep an object between you and the helo at all times.  

Back to drainage pipes.  To be successful,  get as far as possible back inside (away from the opening).  If you can plug the pipe to keep your heat inside, do so. But remember that ground search teams will look in all pipes. (good reason not to use existing pipes... they are under every road, driveway, rr track, ect [vry predictable]).   If you have a specific place that you may use, camaflauge the opening.  Make it a planned hiding place and go to it when needed.  Heck.  Just buy yourself a piece of pipe big enough for you and your gear and go bury it in an out of the way location.  Then camo it real good.  Hide all trails that go in or out of it.  Put it in, or near, a place that can confuse a canine (use your imagination).  Remember that a good canine will track your scent, right to where you are. So do your best to confuse him.  The best way?  Other dogs.  Have your own kennel with several dogs.  Bury your pipe right under their kennel.  Cammo that entrance real good, cause the gestapo will be walking all around with flashlights looking for you.  But their eyes will be mostly on the other dogs and kennels.  They will think you are hiding in a kennel with a dog.  And all those hot dogs moving around an barking, will keep any IR confused.  

My feeling is that (if you don't have a planned hiding place)  it is best to keep moving.  Use the helo, or sounds of the trackers to know where "they" are at.  If that helo is overhead, you better hide good.  If it is a ways off,  keep moving.  Remeber, they can't see you, if they are looking in the wrong place.  Contrary to popular belief,  you can outrun most police dogs.  Not, if the dog has eyes on you and he is released,  but if he is tracking or trailing you.  It takes most canines time to "work out" your scent.  I think the exception is the bloodhound.  He may move slow, but he is relentless.  Unless you are a marathon runner,  you better just shoot the dog and keep going.

Posted:  5/14/2013 3:04 PM #37742
Treadmark

Ref: the military...
I think most would refuse to submit to the whims of a outright communist gov't.  The problem lies with the few who won't.  Also,  even if (say 80%) leave the military,  what will they do with their equipment, which helps them "own the night".  I bet, since they are good citizens, they will leave all the good gizmo's behind.  So, the bad guys still have the gee wiz stuff.
Of course, obama is creating his own military.  They have the latest and greatest equipment, and I bet nearly 90% of them stay, once it all becomes obvious.
I think,  once it starts, we are going to have to do some raids, to get our own equipment.
You mentioned "metro rails".  I won't even go there.  That is not my cup of tea.  I stay as far away from cities as possible.  Those folks will have to figure out their own plans.  Once they make it into my neck of the woods, then I'll be glad to help them out.  Yes,  I do have experience in the concrete jungles,  but that is why I now stay away. 

Posted:  5/16/2013 8:37 PM #37777
rusty shackleford

That just makes you smart. Cities are deathtraps.
ssssha shaw pocket sand!

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums