You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  9/16/2013 9:04 AM #39107
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 8/20/2014
Subject: Gun bills on Brown’s desk have uncertain fate
From The Modesto Bee: By Melody Gutierrez— An attack on the Second Amendment or much-needed legislation to address gun violence? California legislators considered that question repeatedly this year in committee hearings and in passionate, mostly partisan, debates on the Assembly and Senate floors. Now, the state’s Democratic governor will decide the fate of 14 bills to strengthen gun laws already considered some of the toughest in the country. Although he has weighed in on other high-profile legislation, Jerry Brown has offered little insight into how he will approach gun control.

Among the proposed laws being considered are Senate leader Darrell Steinberg’s bill to prohibit semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines capable of rapid shooting. Other bills would require all gun owners to obtain a safety certificate, prohibit magazine-repair kits and allow the city of Oakland to pass its own gun regulations.

Bills heading to Gov. Jerry Brown

AB 48 (Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley) – Bans magazine repair kits

AB 170 (Steven Bradford, D-Gardena) – Prohibits businesses from getting assault weapon permits

SB 374 (Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento) – Bans detachable magazines in rifles

SB 567 (Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara) – Redefines “shotguns”

SB 755 (Lois Wolk, D-Davis) – Expands list of crimes resulting in ban from owning firearms

AB 1131 (Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley) – Increases prohibition periods after credible threat of violence

AB 180 (Rob Bonta, D-Alameda) – Allows city of Oakland to pass its own gun regulations

AB 500 (Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco) – Allows Department of Justice additional time to run background checks

SB 299 (Mark DeSaulnier, D-Concord) – Requires lost or stolen firearm reporting

SB 683 (Marty Block, D-San Diego) – Requires gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate.

SB 475 (Mark Leno, D-San Francisco) – Requires county approval for gun shows at the Cow Palace

AB 169 (Roger Dickinson, D-Sacramento) – Limits transfer of unsafe handguns

AB 711 (Anthony Rendon, D-Lakewood) – Bans use of lead ammunition

AB 231 (Phil Ting, D-San Francisco) – Adds criminal liability for firearm storage that endangers a child

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/09/14/2921497/gun-bills-on-browns-desk-have.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/09/14/2921497/gun-bills-on-browns-desk-have.html#storylink=cpy

Posted:  9/16/2013 10:13 PM #39118
horselips

Last Post: 9/30/2014
I wrote California off a long time ago. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about their latest madness. I couldn't care less.

Posted:  9/17/2013 10:20 AM #39127
Kull

Last Post: 8/13/2014
It seems to me those people in the legislature are insane. They double down on stupid and everyone seems to be fine with it.The people in California who are against this insanity get no press or lip service. I feel for those people whose rights are being revoked by renegade, lawless Liberal fanatics.It's sick stuff. It really is doing the opposite of what they expect.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums