You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  10/2/2012 12:06 AM #34362
carlsbad

Last Post: 10/2/2012
Subject: Why won't Cheaper than Dirt ship weapons to CA?
I wasted quite a bit of time shopping for weapons on CTD before I checked and they won't ship any guns to CA.  Looks like they will ship Ammo but I think I'll try to buy my ammo from a dealer who will sell to me.

Yes, I checked models that I am sure are legal to buy, sell and ship to CA.

Posted:  10/2/2012 12:38 AM #34365
horselips

Last Post: 8/19/2014
Shipping weapons into California involves a great deal of additional administrative effort, frankly, California is a pain in the ass and not worth the hassle. You might notice that many sellers on gun auction sites will not accept bids from California, and will not sell to California residents. Just leave, move back to America, and live happily ever after. Whatever you do there, you can do elsewhere. If you insist on living there, for any reason whatsoever beside existential necessity, quit whining. Living in California is a self-inflicted wound.

Posted:  10/2/2012 7:44 AM #34366
ancona77

Last Post: 9/18/2013
Yup, take the money for the gun and rent a uhaul truck and move. I wouldn't sell to a communist state either.
HAPPINESS IS A WELL FED BELT FED!

Posted:  10/2/2012 8:02 AM #34368
gundog94

Last Post: 4/14/2014

The reason CTD doesn't ship to California and several other states is that we do not have a process in place to stop certain firearms that are restricted from being shipped to those states. Not all firearms are restricted, just some depending on the specifications of the gun. Hopefully in the future we will be able to send to all states, but right now we cannot.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

CTD Moderator

Posted:  10/2/2012 8:15 AM #34371
carlsbad

As  a buyer in CA, I have to learn to look up what firearms are legal.  It is pretty simple.  California DOJ keeps a list.  Second, you have to ship to an FFL dealer here in CA and they have the file the paperwork for me at MY expensee so you have a second check to make sure it is legal.  I have to pay that FFL $40 to file the paperwork.  The seller has very little or no paperwork.

So I haven't heard a good reason not to ship to CA yet.  I

I'm the one that has to go through all the extra expense and paperwork, not the seller.

I think a lot of sellers have read the internet lore and haven't bothered to learn the truth.

--Jerry

PS  I am a Remington 700  enthusiast.  It is pretty easy to figure out that all Remingtons 700s are legal in CA.  I was shopping for a youth 22 for my son, they are leagal also.

Posted:  10/2/2012 8:20 AM #34373
carlsbad

"Yup, take the money for the gun and rent a uhaul truck and move. I wouldn't sell to a communist state either. "

You aren't selling to the state.  you're selling to a gun enthusiast to is unfortunate enough to live in a place where there two urban areas (LA and SF) are populated with enough liberals to elect officials who will make stupid laws for the rest of us.  By Area, California is 98% conservative.  But the 2% has enough population to carry the elections.

Do you have roots where you live?  Has any thing changed since you were born there? It isn't that easy to just pick up and move.  Don't take out the stupid laws made by stupid people on the gun owners and enthusiasts who live here.

--Jerry

Posted:  10/2/2012 8:25 AM #34374
carlsbad

"Living in California is a self-inflicted wound."

Horselips,
I've lived in the same house and worked at the same job for 30 years.  My kids have never lived in another home.  Their friends live here.  Their mother, my ex wife lives here, and the law wouldn't let me move the kids without her approval. 

I'm getting the impression that people who don't live hear read about the laws and think we are all communists living here.  Rural and suburban CA is conservative republican and as normal as where you live--except our weather is better.  Don't take out your anger at the lawmakers backed by the urban area voters on the gun enthusiasts.  It makes you look uninformed at best.

--Jerry

Posted:  10/2/2012 4:17 PM #34390
ancona77

Last Post: 9/18/2013
Carlsbad, correction, to people within a communist state. Lol it was sarcasm. I know you just can't up and move. I don't know what else to tell ya bud, California laws suck. Guess the best way is to buy from a local store. I use to live in pasadena when I was a kid.
HAPPINESS IS A WELL FED BELT FED!

Posted:  10/2/2012 6:55 PM #34395
horselips

Last Post: 8/19/2014
Carlsbad - like I said, all is forgiven if you're there out of necessity. It's almost as bad in Maryland, Massachusettes, New Jersey, Illinois and Hawaii, but not quite.

Posted:  10/2/2012 7:44 PM #34397
Amazingrace II

Carisbad

Don't  take it personal, I live in New York, north of the Big A. And when I read post concerning New York, I wouldn't want to live here. But, like you said, it is run by a bunch of liberal Democrats. But, I lived in this state Almost all my life, I have two ranges, not more then a mile from my home. During the weekend when the weather is right and the wind is blowing my way it sounds like a small skirmish.  I am able to by just about any long arm or pistol that I can, so I don't care what the post say. Of a matter of fact, this state has more then enough people already. So if no one wants to come here because of the strict gun laws, lol, then so be it.

There is always a way "legally" around any stupid law that the "smart elitists" draw up.  
When the second falls the rest will follow.

Posted:  10/2/2012 8:12 PM #34399
Kull

Last Post: 8/13/2014
I live in New York State.If you want to buy guns here no problem locally. Over the internet ,it depends on what you want to purchase.We have restrictions on magazine capacities,bayonets on AR-15 rifles,adjustable buttstocks on AR-15's.No flash hiders allowed,muzzle brakes yes,but permanently attached.No silencers allowed,or automatic weapons either.I could go on but what's the point. California is going over the cliff financially and people are fleeing.The Democratic dunderheads are destroying that great State slowly. Jerry Brown the Guv ,are you kidding! It sucks Carlsbad to be stuck in a place where you never know what stupid restrictions will happen next! Good Luck!

Posted:  10/3/2012 8:24 AM #34407
Long Range

Last Post: 2/12/2013
It's CTD's (and a whole bunch of other retailers) company policy to not sell to CA and a bunch of other states. Their company, their right. I don't live in a Communist state like CA, thank God, so I don't have to deal with this sort of BS but it seems to me that you would just go buy the stuff somewhere else. No amount of complaining on internet forums or any other social media is going to change these policies, so why waste your time and energy? I'm sure there are plenty of places to buy the guns that you want in CA. And by the way, I have lived in 4 states over the last 7 years, so if you REALLY want to get out of there, you can find a way. I escaped the Peoples Republic of Chicago (Illinois), left my entire family there and started a new life in the best state in the country, Texas. No, it wasn't easy, but I made it work. We are still just as tight as we always were, only at a longer distance. I feel for ya.
Long Distance, the next best thing to being there.

Posted:  10/3/2012 1:03 PM #34422
78corvette

Last Post: 2/19/2013
It sounds like you are saying its CTD fault YOU didnt read that they don't ship to cali? I do understand not moving your home is well..your home.  It also sounds like you are thinking we are attacking YOU when we say how stupid cali laws are.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums