You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  1/14/2013 3:32 PM #36028
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 7/11/2014
Subject: Obama Says He Has Authority to 'Go It Alone' on Gun Control
Form GOPUSA: Barack Obama held the last press conference of his first term on Monday and doled out a large dose of left-wing policies. He wants to raise the debt ceiling... again... and he said that there are several things he can do under "executive action" to further his gun-control agenda. In the press conference, Obama said some gun control measures "I can accomplish through executive action." What's so pathetic is the way Obama tries to delegitimize the real concerns people, including gun owners, have regarding the direction of the country. To say that the rise of attendance at gun shows and the increase in the purchase of guns is due to "ginned up" fears is completely irresponsible and wrong.

People ARE concerned. And the NRA doesn't have to say a word. Any time a liberal politician speaks about guns, gun sales go up. Barack Obama should be asked about that. Instead he's given a free pass to blast gun-rights advocates while dismissing people's concerns with partisan jabs.

Let's enforce the laws on the books. Let's have people keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, and let's keep the government out of our business!
Watch the President's speech here.

Posted:  1/14/2013 4:28 PM #36029
Kull

Last Post: 6/27/2014
This should come as no surprise! This Obama is acting like Adolph Hitler,Mussolini,Peron etc... This is typical bilge from a dictator hell bent on enforcing his whim over his subjects.What!?!?! Does he think he can just make laws because he can open his mouth and order them?!?!? Congress is the law making body in the United States that I know,not some narcissitic,clueless fop! This has gone far enough! What kind of a goddamn stupor are people in!This guy has gotten away with every lie,every  illegal activity that he does and the no testicle Republicans or anyone for that matter,stand up to him!C'mon NRA blast this evil President out of the water!If the President thinks we are going to kow tow to his every desire,he's has another thing coming....

Posted:  1/14/2013 8:14 PM #36032
horselips

OweBama's clever use of Executive Orders is designed less to make him appear an 'imperial' president than it is to give cover to Democrats in Congress and the Senate. OweBama fears the kind of electoral backlash that derailed the Clinton presidency. If the GOP captures the Senate in 2014, his whole agenda is toast. The Democrats lost Congress because of the Assault Weapons Ban, and it is OweBama's thinking that if he can 'enact' the liberal gun-grabbing agenda without Congressional participation, the voters will have no one to blame but him, and he's not running for anything. Democratic Senators up for reelection in 2014 will thus be immune from the kind of criticism that ruined their predecessors in 1994.

Remember, when dealing with liberals, nothing is as it appears. Obama deliberately demands impossible regulations, knowing the GOP controlled House will refuse him, just so he can legislate by Executive Order, thus achieving much of his agenda without endangering the positions of fellow Democrats who must still win elections. Everything a Democrat says and does is always about the next election. Power is never far from the thoughts of a Democrat. Republicans, traditionally, are easily fooled and always think that what Democrats are doing is relevant to the issue at hand, and not some trap layed for them in the future. Knuckleheads. Well, at least they're our knuckleheads.

Whatever any Democrat says or does is a smokescreen for some other unmentioned, unseen goal. To get to the truth about anything a Democrat says or does, "follow the power" and you will see it leads to some as yet unforseen concentration of governmental authority, or an advantage in a future election. There is nothing more devious, more inherently dishonest, than a liberal Democrat.

Posted:  1/15/2013 10:07 AM #36051
Mr. Mike

Last Post: 1/15/2013
I knew that the re- election of this moron would set this Country on the road to ruin! All I have to say is : "Don't blame me ...I vote Republican!

Posted:  1/15/2013 2:18 PM #36055
Kull

As a citizen of New York State we are getting betrayed by our Republican Legislators. They are throwing in with Cuomo on the truly horrible gun control bill they are ramming through without reading it.We are having a pro gun rally near the city hall steps in Buffalo this Saturday the 19th. I am hoping we can change the douche bags minds. I am sure HSA will be video taping and making a dossier on every participant in the rally.We have reached the boiling point here and if  Gestapo tactics are used against us we will boil over and the whole thing will get  ugly.We don't want that but you can't keep crapping on our rights before we snap and take action against our oppressors.If Obama trots out his horse**** agenda and the Republicans don't stand up to him and impeach him,then I'm afraid all options will be on the table. What that means is anything is possible at that point...

Posted:  1/15/2013 2:26 PM #36056
horselips

I think the NY Legislature is set to vote on that gun control bill TOMORROW - the 16th. The rally on the 19th will be too little too late. Good luck anyway.

Posted:  1/15/2013 2:31 PM #36057
Kull

The one house already approved it by a wide margin[State Senate] The assembly will vote on it tomorrow. We are being sold out by our Republican reps! I'm sick about this! So much for principles!

Posted:  1/15/2013 5:11 PM #36063
horselips

OOOPS! Already passed and signed by Governor Cuomo. Welcome to TEOTWAWKI, in a way nobody prepped for.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums