You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  2/6/2013 11:41 AM #36393
JerDon

Last Post: 9/8/2013
Subject: General Bird Hunting of any type with a .410 and the best ammo?

Hello  I am disabled and sadly have such muscle degeneration that I have had to move down to a .410 Saiga which I LOVE BTW, but wonder if such a gun with the right ammo will shoot  any type bird/? I am trying to get some ideas on what sizes brand of ammo are better to use in such a gun?  I have looked ans shot a few 20's but even they are still hard on me though. I wonder if there is anyone out there that uses a .410 for such things? I have heard from very few sources that it can be done and used but would LOVE other options and appreciate some intke of opinions.

Thanks 

I am into Misurp weapons as well newer ones and like to stay with a certain platform caliber wise as to be able to one day learn to reload. Anyone on a local basis whom loves to teach about relaoding well Im a great student! :-)
Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Vepr 7.62x54R I am in Wuvvvvvvv!
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!
And more but not to worthy of mentioning!

Posted:  2/6/2013 12:51 PM #36397
horselips

Last Post: 7/28/2014
I do all my bird hunting at Supermarkets and Costco, armed with a fully loaded debit card. BTW, I do my fishing there too. They never get away. Come to think of it, I do all my gardening there too..... 

Posted:  2/6/2013 3:37 PM #36401
gundog94

Last Post: 4/14/2014
JerDon, I have killed pheasants with a .410 in the past. This was shooting flushing birds over a dog and using #5 shot if I remember correctly. In close, the .410 is lethal, but it's range is limited because of its' small load.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

CTD Moderator

Posted:  2/6/2013 10:02 PM #36404
JerDon

LOL@Horselips Too funny! So where are you from? I sure could get you to fishing! Lake fork if you know of it is one of e TOP baxx lakes in the Nation and I have a cabin there and know this lake  ever so well! 
I am into Misurp weapons as well newer ones and like to stay with a certain platform caliber wise as to be able to one day learn to reload. Anyone on a local basis whom loves to teach about relaoding well Im a great student! :-)
Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!

Posted:  2/16/2013 1:40 PM #36502
PatriotVet

Last Post: 2/16/2013
Just read your reply to JerDon.  I wasn't even registered to comment on this forum, but your stupid, insensitive answer to his question deserved to be shot down.  I call your answer stupid because it did not address in any way the man's question.  I call your answer insensitive because your feeble attempt at humor belittled a MAN who is trying to stay active and enjoy his hobby in spite of his infirmities.  I am allowed to criticize you because I am an elderly, disabled vet who defended your sorry ass so you had the freedom of speech to say stupid things.

Posted:  2/16/2013 2:24 PM #36504
JerDon

PatriotVet

At first I thought you had directed that towards me! I was going to say I said nothing of a rhetoric manner or matter either,but my eye sight is bad as well! I am also retired  MOS 31B US Army Military Police Veteran Rwanda,Desert One,Sarajevo to name a few and some more! My last tour I spent time in Africa during the setting up and Implementation of Africom itself. I spent the last 4 years with DOD acting as mainly a procurement agent for them. I spent lots of time in Europe during that 4 years as well. Mainly working with the USAF/DOD breeding and training program at Lackland AFB. 

Although you may of seen that as offensive it was not for me! I keep an open mind and do not judge others "except the futre ex wife?" LOL My saying that to him/her/them was an actual invite if anyone would EVER like to do some QUALITY Bass fishing! I LOVE meeting new sports friends! I have a small cabin on Lake Fork in Emory Texas and sadly here soon we have to sell it because of my health! I hardly go alone now with my health the way it is! So I want anyone to ENJOY the "HELL" out it while we can! :-)

What War and Branch and and MOS did you have and were in if I may ask? Where are you from? SW Ft Worth here close to Hulen. By chance you ever bird hunt or know of any good places? I have 4 acres in Quinlan and I am actually thinking/wanting to breed some Quail, and Pheasant for extra income as well activity. I just want to live a peaceful existence after my separation or coming divorce!! Which ever comes 1st!!!!!!

I LOVE the outdoors and I HATE giving up my lake place but I have to be more near FT Worth now with ALL of my physical problems. If you are EVER in East TX and get sick do NOT go to any Hospital in Sulphur Springs!!!!! That much I can tell you go to Tyler even though a longer drive/flight. Most ALL Ambulances there are Helo'd to either!!!!!!!!!!! I figured I would get back into Birding to get in a little better shape as my Muscle degeneration has gotten much worse in 2 years now. 

Anyways that is enough of me!!!!!!! I will accept any great Birding info and 410 info! LOL 

Regards

Jerrry Don

Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!

Posted:  2/16/2013 2:27 PM #36505
JerDon

A , PS: Whether it matters or not I can only pray I make it to be elderly! I am only 49 and 50 in May.  
Owner of just some:
Glock 17
Saiga 5.45x39mm
Saiga .410
Yugo SKS Love that one!

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums