You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  11/30/2012 10:49 AM #35368
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 7/11/2014
Subject: San Bernardino, Calif., city attorney tells residents to "load their guns" after police cuts
CBS News SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. The city attorney of San Bernardino is under scrutiny for telling residents to "lock their doors and load their guns" during a city council meeting, CBS Los Angeles reports. The official explained that because the city just outside of Los Angeles is bankrupt and slashing public safety budgets, people will need to start protecting themselves. City Attorney Jim Penman said he doesn't regret what he said. "You should say what you mean and mean what you say," Penman said.

The city attorney said approximately 150 residents came to a council meeting to voice their concerns about recent crimes in the area, including the murder of an elderly woman last week.

"You could tell the swell of frustration was coming over a lot of folks. They did not feel like they could get an officer out as quickly to some of the quality-of-life issues that they were dealing with as they would have preferred," said Councilwoman Wendy McCommack, who organized the meeting and was present that night.

"Well, if I remember right, I told them to 'lock their doors and load their guns,'" Penman said.

Read the rest here.

Posted:  11/30/2012 12:09 PM #35373
horselips

Last Post: 7/11/2014
I like it! Sort of a new twist on the phrase "lock and load." But, sorry, there's still no hope for California.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums