You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  8/20/2013 9:57 AM #38843
rusty shackleford

Last Post: 12/31/2013
Subject: Savage model 10fp-sr bolt body replacement.
I have recently purchased a Savage model 10fp-sr from savage's law enforcement line of rifles. I want to switch out the plain style bolt body with a polished and fluted one that is available for purchase on midway, but I had a few questions. The rifle I purchased came with a warning sticker stating that the bolt and receiver on the rifle are made for one another and are not interchangeable, that being said, midway carries spiral fluted bolt body's for savage model 10 rifles in both long pull and short, and I was wondering what sort of work would go into making such a swap. Mainly I am wondering if this is something I could do in my garage, or if it would require milling and machining etc.
ssssha shaw pocket sand!

Posted:  8/20/2013 1:49 PM #38844
horselips

Last Post: 9/30/2014
If the bolt and receiver of your Savage have been "made for one another" it probably just means that headspace and lugs are hand finished for a perfect fit. I'm sure any good gunsmith could "custom fit" a new bolt to your rifle - but if that's what you have to do, why not just have that same good gunsmith polish and flute or jewel the bolt you already have. Might be cheaper (than dirt) compared to custom fitting a new one.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums