You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced

Posted:  4/24/2013 8:54 AM #37467
CTD Blogger

Last Post: 7/21/2014
Subject: Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ‘Have to Change’ After Boston Bombing
By Girls Just Wanna Have Guns-In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Monday the country’s interpretation of the Constitution will “have to change” to allow for greater security to stave off future attacks. “The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry,” Mr. Bloomberg said during a press conference in Midtown. “But we live in a complex world where you’re going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change.”

Mr. Bloomberg, who has come under fire for the N.Y.P.D.’s monitoring of Muslim communities and other aggressive tactics, said the rest of the country needs to learn from the attacks.

“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,” he said.

“We have to understand that in the world going forward, we’re going to have more cameras and that kind of stuff. That’s good in some sense, but it’s different from what we are used to,” he said.

READ MORE AT POLITICKER.COM

Posted:  4/24/2013 10:36 AM #37476
mtnboomer

Last Post: 7/2/2014
Sign at LaGuardia Airport:

"Welcome to Bloombergopolis, the city formally known as New York City.
"Please have your passport, driver's license, social security card, marriage license, library card, medical records, birth certificate and DNA sample ready for inspection by our friendly, brown-shirted security personnel.
"Enjoy your stay, Comrade."
"I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes and shoot 'em with my ol' .45, cuz a country boy can survive!" Hank Williams, Jr.

Support the Second Amendment - Join the NRA http://www.nra.org

Oklahoma State #1 - GO POKES!

Posted:  4/24/2013 2:24 PM #37481
horselips

Last Post: 7/21/2014
Instead of frittering away our privacy and our Liberty and reinterpreting our Constitution, why don't we just go and kill all the people we don't like, or who don't like us, and live happily ever after? I am sick and tired of having people in other countries influencing the way I live my life. I am violently annoyed at having to consider the possible actions or reactions of others when doing what I want to do. No man is an "island" and I don't want to be one, but I also don't want to live in a hive. If I was able to choose between being occasionally inconvenienced by others, or destroying three-quarters of the planet so I could live more conveniently, I would push the button without a second thought.

Jump to:

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums