You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
  Previous Topic    Next Topic  
advanced
First Previous [1] 2  of 2 Next Last

Posted:  11/24/2005 12:27 AM #10654
nonnieselman

Last Post: 11/24/2005
Subject: What AR15 you guys have?
Just wonderin what kind and model you guys have.. I have a Bushmaster M4 type ( http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x14m4my.asp ). Since I got it I have put a Collaspible stock, 5.5" slipover flash hider, accu-wedge, a few rounds down the tube. Now i have gotten into reloading and well i have made several different loads for it, everything from 55gr FMJ's to 40gr Soft tip Super explosive(them are cool).

Posted:  11/24/2005 3:06 PM #10655
acman

Last Post: 11/24/2005
Heres a pic of my 16 inch ar's
I only use my guns when kindness fails.

Posted:  11/26/2005 12:20 AM #10659
wytelitening

Last Post: 11/22/2008
Some people have all da luck--I ain't got no AR's--Do Santa answer ole mans Xmas wishes?--If not all i have to do is get one for da wife--She don't shoot no gun no--I can tell her how dis-appointed I am with myself then she will give it to me to make me feel better---I will have her another gift hidden also too--I'm not bad no---(datstruyeah)
With guns we are "citizens"---Without we are "subjects"----

Posted:  11/26/2005 3:52 AM #10658
AR_and_Glock

Last Post: 12/7/2005
I've got my Armalite M15A4 midlength w/ toys. I put an Eotech 512, VLTOR club foot, G-27 grip, BUIS, Armalite 1913 forend, VFG, Troy single point sling, and magpul ladder covers on it. It's the only AR I've got complete right now.

I have 3 RRA lowers. I finished one lower with an M4 stock and RRA internals but don't have an M4 upper for it yet. The other is finished with an A2 stock but no upper, and the 3rd is stripped and bare. Hopefully next year I'll be able to finish one or more. Stupid things are expensive!!
ETA OK: Santa came early and The A2 stocked RRA is now a HBAR middy and the M4 stocked lower is now a Tactical Entry. Stipped lower has guts but that's all for now.

Here's the M15A4 but I haven't put the club foot or Troy sling on it yet.

Posted:  11/27/2005 7:32 AM #10656
wytelitening

Looks like ya'll have cameras too--and pistols--and knives--and a clean carpet and rug-----Maybe, just maybe now the Easter Bunny could bring me one--or two---------------

Oh--soon as I can borrow a camera I'm gonna take a picture of my rifle and post it----Ya'll gone be wishing ya'll had one like mine then---Ya'll gonna see--------

Posted:  11/27/2005 9:18 PM #10657
hunter_la5

Last Post: 11/27/2005
why pay $800+ for a .22?

if i'm gonna shell out that type of money I'm gonna get a real caliber... 8)

Posted:  11/28/2005 6:51 PM #10660
C0wboi

Last Post: 1/17/2006
Subject: Nice
why pay $800+ for a .22

Somebody had to say it. :wink: I took my $800, bought an AK for me, one for my wife, 30 mags and 1000 rounds. :D

May not be anywhere NEAR as pretty, but cram mud into an AR platform and see what happens. 8)

For long distance varminting, or long distance plinking, the AR is fine.

For SHTF, never know when you will have time to maintain it, have to fight off the jackbooted thugs, can't go wrong with an AK. :D
What part of "Shall not be infringed" do people not understand????

Molon Labe!!

Posted:  11/29/2005 12:23 AM #10664
Boondocksaint

Last Post: 11/29/2005
Man, this thread makes me hate California more than I did before.

Beautiful guns.

Posted:  11/29/2005 3:20 AM #10665
wytelitening

Cowboi----Was taught to ask questions if I did not understand something--Dat SHTF you mention is dat some kinda "seasoning" like what you put in a cook pot?--If so then dat belong in da new outdoor cooking forum :lol: --Oh ---I got it now--it ain't seasoning no--dis what it is---I done went and answer my own question:
S---Salt
H---Heavy roux
T---Taste it to get da seasoning right (datstruyeah)
F---Food--brings people together at the camp log

I know this is the "15" chat site and I respect that ,but I agree the "47" commands respect--Its "look" scares me more than the way I "look" when I look at me in the mirror--now dats some scarey crap--One time the mirror was real clean and I saw me so good I thought I would have to call the "exorcist" or someting----

I wish someone would chamber the "15" for 7.62x39 caliber---Talk about a "man" then---------

Posted:  11/29/2005 4:14 AM #10661
AR_and_Glock

Subject: Re: Nice
C0wboi-why pay $800+ for a .22

Somebody had to say it. :wink: I took my $800, bought an AK for me, one for my wife, 30 mags and 1000 rounds. :D

May not be anywhere NEAR as pretty, but cram mud into an AR platform and see what happens. 8)

For long distance varminting, or long distance plinking, the AR is fine.

For SHTF, never know when you will have time to maintain it, have to fight off the jackbooted thugs, can't go wrong with an AK. :D

You've got a bad attitude about everything don't you?

Yes, 5.56 is only good for shooting small animals at long distances. :roll: ARs=reliability. Just because they introduced them in Vietnam before they were ready and ruined the name of the M16 to you old timers doesn't mean they're still **** weapons today. You can shoot 1000 rounds through any AR you'd pay $800+ today (even the dreaded steel cased Wolf!) without cleaning and keep on goin’. You want to argue ballistics of the SS109 (that's the 62gr 5.56mm round in M855) vs. a 7.62x39 FMJ or even the 7.62 NATO, bring it on. And "ARG!!!! .22 hole vs .308 hole!!! duh!!!!" doesn't float with anyone who's got a clue.

Posted:  11/29/2005 4:19 AM #10662
AR_and_Glock

wytelitening-Cowboi----Was taught to ask questions if I did not understand something--Dat SHTF you mention is dat some kinda "seasoning" like what you put in a cook pot?--If so then dat belong in da new outdoor cooking forum :lol: --Oh ---I got it now--it ain't seasoning no--dis what it is---I done went and answer my own question:
S---Salt
H---Heavy roux
T---Taste it to get da seasoning right (datstruyeah)
F---Food--brings people together at the camp log

I know this is the "15" chat site and I respect that ,but I agree the "47" commands respect--Its "look" scares me more than the way I "look" when I look at me in the mirror--now dats some scarey crap--One time the mirror was real clean and I saw me so good I thought I would have to call the "exorcist" or someting----

I wish someone would chamber the "15" for 7.62x39 caliber---Talk about a "man" then---------

SHTF is **** Hits The Fan. It's an imaginary situation where there will be no rule and no law (Like the movie Red Dawn) and each will have to fight for their own. Unless you've got the money to stock pile premium rifle rounds or you're really dumb enough to expect to scavage rounds and come up with TAP or plastic tipped whatever hunting rounds, a basic FMJ round performs best in 5.56mm. That's a FACT that I can back up with balistics tests in a .pdf if you old timers want to call BS ;)

And you can get an AR chambered in 7.62x39, .308, .484, .50 bwolf, .22LR, 9mm, and there's probably a dozen more.

ETA: If anyone really wants to argue ballistics, do it in the ammo forum. Don't clutter up this thread anymore than it is. Someone else already started a thread on the .308/.223 topic. http://forums.cheaperthandirt.com/viewtopic.php?t=133

Posted:  11/29/2005 8:39 AM #10663
C0wboi

Subject: No...
You've got a bad attitude about everything don't you?

I'm just opinionated. :D I try to use my smilies to indicate my good humor. Sorry if I failed. I used the M-16/M-4 varients from 97-01. I hated it. HATED it. Complete and total POS.

I simply would never, ever pay $800 for a weapon when $300 would do. While I may not like the 5.56, I certainly wouldn't want to be shot with one. I also would think, that as you bad mouth the 7.62x39, you wouldn't want to be shot with it either. Either caliber will do the job, and do it well.

Ballistics have no bearing on my choice. For me, it is a matter of economics, and reliablity. :D

ARs=reliability. You can shoot 1000 rounds through any AR you'd pay $800+ today (even the dreaded steel cased Wolf!) without cleaning and keep on goin’

And finally, it isn't about round count. I literally have taken the mag off of my AK, buried it in the mud, worked the action repeatedly, removed it, shook it off, loaded a mag, and cranked off 30 rounds.

Try THAT with an AR, and if it fired, I will eat my hat. :D

And please, remember. I am writing this in good humor and spirits. Unlike some folks, I could care less what you buy, what you shoot, or what you do with it. :) I give my thoughts on the matter, and that's it. Nothing personal.

Molon Labe!!

Posted:  11/29/2005 3:19 PM #10671
AR_and_Glock

I have no doubt that a service rifle did you wrong. I had one that didn't work half the time and the armors didn't know what to do with it. Got a different rifle, no problems.

Goes BANG every time :)

Posted:  11/29/2005 3:59 PM #10670
C0wboi

Subject: You are NOT kidding
about Unit armorers. I knew more about the weapons than any of them. Ugh.

That's cool that yours worked! My experiences basically soured me on the design. That, and like I said, I'm sorta cheap :D

But see, that's what makes this great. We can own any of these that we want. Go 2A! :D

Molon Labe!!

Posted:  11/30/2005 7:40 AM #10672
wytelitening

Subject: Old timers huh?----
AR/Glock:

Let me say that living in the good ole U.S.of A. gives us all freedom of speech--You should know that because it sounds like you are a soldier (or was)--I thank you for that, but let me remind you that "opinions" are a freedom as well and like a "butthole" everyone has one

In defense of COwboi the "attitude" that you say he displays has always been a positive one in my book--In your case however it appears that yours is somewhat different--My opinion of this is that it does not belong here--Again, I have just exercised my freedom of speech

We do not "argue" any issues here--We pull up a log and "discuss" them.

Your opinion of us as "old-timers" does not offend me nor Cowboi "in my opinion"--It proves that we have indeed "made it" in this cruel world.

I have never served my country by military means--It simply was not "in the stars" for me--I do serve my country in many other ways--After 33 years of hard work I retired to really enjoy life--In those 33 years I paid my dues in the form of federal and state taxes--While state tax is not with held from my small retirement check,federal tax is--I feel I have and still do "serve" my country

I "shoot from the hip"--I have young sons and grandkids--I am in the process of preparing them for the future--Being an "old-timer" qualifies me for that--Youngs ones like them and you can learn well by being quiet and listening instead of wanting to "argue the point".

The good ole U.S. of A.----How free we are----We cannot argue amonst ourselves---Its what the terrorist want--Don't contribute to there cause--

As far the AK-47, it is an assault rifle--Even tho I am a red-bloodied American ,it is what protects my family--It works for me--I can afford to shoot it---That gives me the opportunity to be Very-Very accurate with it---Not good for anyone who tries to "tread" on me or mine.

Your thing is the AR-15--I respect that and will never say anything bad about it--Matter of fact I hope to own one someday--As far as me wishing that it would someday be "chambered" for 7.62x39 well being an "old-timer" I knew it already was when I made that statement :wink: --You young-uns have so much to learn--You are all in the right place tho--Just keep posting and remember "no arguements here"

BTW--Besides bearing the AK-47 my sons and I also sport the Berreta in 9mm----

Also welcome to the site---

Hey COwboi---How ya doing old-timer :lol: ----------------------------

Posted:  11/30/2005 4:15 PM #10668
AR_and_Glock

Edited:

Posted:  11/30/2005 8:00 PM #10669
wytelitening

Glock--Go back and read my post--I said"its what the terrorist want",meaning of course the worms that are trying to undermine our country--Never did I imply that you were a terrorist----Hummmm--As far as arguing opinions,I think that is what you are doing simply because it sounds like someone put you in charge of determining whether an opinion "is extremly flawed"---Thats rediculous---From the way I read your post you were the one arguing ballistics--For the best of me I cannot recall saying that the 7.62 was superior--And yes my friend,ignorance is bliss--You said it--Being called an old-timer in no way offends or annoys me--You do sound intelligent but-----------------------------------Seems to me you are the one who wants to state your opinions as fact and take an old timers advice--You best prepare--No where but the good ole U.S.of A. huh young one?---BTW--Thx again for being a soldier---Keep in touch and have "super" rest of the day :wink:

Posted:  11/30/2005 11:02 PM #10667
AR_and_Glock

Thanks for keeping it civil :) No grudges here, have a good one.

Posted:  12/1/2005 7:41 AM #10666
wytelitening

:wink: :wink:--What a man--You have a good day also too--(datstruyeah)-------

Posted:  12/2/2005 7:50 PM #10676
AR_and_Glock

Subject: Back to the pictures!!
I finished a midlength for my step dad today. A3 receiver, HBAR, A2 stock, all RRA parts. I love it and want to keep it for myself lol.

It looks so simple and flows so nice, I almost like it more than my modded all to hell midlength. My next build is deffinetly going to be similar to his. Maybe a good ol plain M4 lookin carbine.

And the RRA midlength with my Armalite midlength. I put the new VLTOR club foot on.

Posted:  12/2/2005 9:43 PM #10673
Boogyman

Last Post: 12/21/2006
AR_Glock you wrote: " If you read my post a few times, you'll notice I am in no way arguing my opinon as you and cowboi have. I simply stated facts and backed them up. These are not my opinion, but it is accurate information. I even told you where to look for MORE accurate information on the subject.
I have in no way started anything here. But if I see bad information, anecdotal evidence, or just an extremely flawed opinion I'm going to point it out and back up what I say. If you don’t like it, you shouldn't be on weapons message boards because everyone, especially you old timers ;) , looooooves to spout their opinion. Like you said, some stink. If everyone’s opinion were intelligently supported, this thread wouldn't have hit 2 pages yet :)"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AR, who do you think wrote all those books you're always referring to? Old-timers maybe?
Us "old-timers" just happen to have a lot of experiences to base our opinions on. Maybe we're just trying to help you young'uns out. When you get older you're going to sigh and shake your head at some young know-it-all who thinks they have a monopoly on the truth and dismisses everything you say because he thinks your too old and out of date to know anything. I guarantee it. How do I know this? I've been your age, son. Ever been mine?
Maybe if you were a little more respectful and didn't come off like the "fact police" you'd get along with folks a little better. You and I had a pretty good discussion in the ".308 vs. .223" forum so I know you can do it.

Posted:  12/3/2005 3:10 AM #10675
AR_and_Glock

Edited:

Posted:  12/3/2005 7:18 AM #10674
wytelitening

BoogyMan

Good morning old timer--Aint life wonderful--We know how to bring out the "good" in folks dont we--Just loved ya last post--Experience in life is worth so much more than some of them young-uns attitudes huh?--

Glock

If you want BoogyMan or anyone else to respond to your posts via IM or "e" then perhaps you should not post here---Seems as tho you dont want the general public seeing (reading) you getting "wupped--by old timers"--Just an opinionated thought from old timer being cival---Have a great day and remember too much caffeine does funny things sometimes---Come on dude---reach ya hand out to us and give us a "shake" :wink: -------

Posted:  12/3/2005 12:42 PM #10680
Boogyman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your words speak for themselves. Arrogance and ignorance go hand-in-hand. Teaching you anything would be like trying to teach a pig to fly, apparently. Keep this up and you will be about as smart as a bag of hammers someday.
You don't sound much like any Marine I know. Any good Drill Instructor would've spanked that attitude out of you in a hurry.
And I'll reply to any post I feel like, thank you.

Mornin' Wyte. How's the grandkids? Don'tcha just love livin' in the country?
So you are thinking of getting an AR someday, aye? I'd recommend talking to someone who has some experience with 'em. If I ever meet someone like that I'll send 'em your way. :wink:

A little flame under the teapot always makes it whistle, unless it's empty, that is.

Posted:  12/3/2005 1:24 PM #10681
Boogyman

Rendonredneck--- Unless he gets really profane and abusive, I hope you don't delete AR_and_Glock's posts quite yet. Give him a chance... (or a little more rope) Besides, this is pretty entertaining.
I'm new here, but I'm having a great time. Ya'll are doing an awesome job with this forum and I predict it'll get bigger as it goes along, especially if you keep advertising....

Posted:  12/3/2005 2:08 PM #10677
AR_and_Glock

edited:

You win boogyman, everything you say is golden. Have a good one.

Posted:  12/3/2005 4:12 PM #10678
RendonRedneck

Last Post: 4/30/2009
As long as everyone keeps it clean and respectful we will have one set of very good forums, and different opinions are fine that is what makes great forums. If we all are respectful we all can learn, and help out the new people who are just getting started in the shooting sports; we need everyone we can get. Most of the ones on this board have a lot of knowledge but no one knows everything, so we need to be able to share information and help each other.

I thank all of you who have made and continue to make this a great forum. :D
I work to support my outdoor habit
Aaron
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Trained Gunsmith
According to wife outdoor and computer nut
I support the Bill of Rights
RendonRendneck@dovesoutdoors.com

Posted:  12/3/2005 4:45 PM #10679
Boogyman

Yer a good man, Redneck. We should have more politicians like you. :wink: Ever think of running for office?

Posted:  12/3/2005 7:26 PM #10683
AR_and_Glock

Another:

Posted:  12/3/2005 7:54 PM #10684
Boogyman

AR_and_Glock-edited:

You win boogyman, everything you say is golden. Have a good one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aw, hell, AR, what did I win? They say that silence is golden, so I guess that leaves us both out, aye? :lol:

Nice pics. Looks like you have a lot of time and money tied up in those rifles. Got any pics of that target with holes in it?

Posted:  12/3/2005 10:06 PM #10682
wytelitening

Boogy:

Grandkids are fine cuz they got good parents and PaPa and MaMa next door--Thx for asking--I appreciate that--Hope this post finds you and yours in good health also:

My two sons and aldest grandson (12 yrs old) completed their 11 hour Hunter Safety course today--That lil booga (Randy) only missed four questions out of fifty--Youngest son missed only three and oldest made perfect score--Then came the "shoot" (clay pidgeons)--Sons each got three out of five and grandson "almost" got em all--Nevertheless his momma is gonna have to wash the smile off his face before school on Monday----Oh----Even tho an old-timer,I took the course too---Missed four and got two "pidgeons"----

I know this is the "AR" site but I have to add this first---Again I remind everyone of hurricane Katrina--We had three evacuees in this class--One was a couple--The young man had just purchased a pump shotgun and .22 rifle--Poor guy did not know how to eject the chambered shell other than "firing" it--Showed him the release next to the trigger guard--Also did not know what the lil "tubes/wrench" was---(Interchangeble chokes)---He knew a little about the rifle--The young lady told the instructor from the start that she "was not going to shoot no gun"----She was a bit shy,but that ole cajun humor fixed that to--She passed the exam also and fired the 20 gauge pump like a pro----Now the other lil guy (maybe 12 years old) was very timid--His dad had to stay with him the first night,but dropped him off this morning and left--Poor kid was more nervous than a ballon in a porcupine factory---Took him under my wing also--Need I say more-----Just goes to show that young ones are sometimes grateful when it comes to "old-timers"-----Nuff said bout that--- :wink:

Now----Yes I would someday like to own an AR-15, but chambered for 7.62x39--Need more info as well as advice on this--Does anyone out there have any "facts" on this??

AR---While all the other pics of your weapons came out great,the last one is total "blackout" on my monitor--Just wanted to L.Y.K.

Lastly,I had a great weekend with my two sons,grandson,and all the folks in attendence at the class,especially the evacuees----While many of these "dis-placed" people are depending on the government to give them a "handout",some are trying their best to help themselves----I think very highly of these "young ones"---------They are our future---------------------------------

Posted:  12/4/2005 1:36 AM #10685
AR_and_Glock

Subject: One more AR porn shot

Posted:  12/12/2005 10:38 PM #10694
TacticalTed

Last Post: 3/1/2006
Here are mine. Little guy has a 10.5" barrel. Sorry for the huge pictures.

And here they are with their extended family.

Joey

"Only a coward supports gun control. You know how to stop carjacking? Shoot the carjacker. If someone is going to kill me for my Buick, I'm gonna shoot until I'm out of ammo - and then I'll call 911."
-Ted Nugent, January 5, 1994

Posted:  12/12/2005 10:59 PM #10695
AR_and_Glock

SBR! Sweet! I wish my state still allowed class 3 stuff but they banned all new owners. I moved away from CA just to get ARs and hi caps, now I'll have to move again to get the fun stuff :D

Very nice look collection there, what semi-auto shotgun is that? An M3?

Posted:  12/12/2005 11:19 PM #10692
C0wboi

Subject: You might want to check out AZ
Not only is the whole state class 3 friendly, it's all legal to carry.

Open carry requires NO permit. Auto, SBR, SBS, silenced, anything. Should you feel that you need a permit to excersize your 2A rights, you can then conceal anything.

It's nice to live in a free state. :D

Molon Labe!!

Posted:  12/13/2005 12:06 AM #10693
AR_and_Glock

Not true about the class 3 crap. You need to pay the $200 excise tax and obtain a form 4 from the BATF no matter what state you live in before being able to purchase a suppressor, full auto, SBR, and so on. It's a federal matter, not state.

Edit: never mind, I thought you meant you don't need anything special to buy class 3 stuff.

It's nice to live in a state that lets you choose that route though! This state is pretty gun friendly yet they banned class 3 stuff besides suppressors; we can still get those. Kinda wierd. A 5 year concealed carry permit is only $60 and it's shall issue so at least we've got that going for us. The buck-a-month club lol

Posted:  12/13/2005 10:36 AM #10689
TacticalTed

It is a M1 Super 90. I like the class 3 stuff but can't affoard a squirt gun. I have paper work for a Suppressor pending right now. I think the 870 in the picture is my favorite. The shorty AR is my next favorite.
Joey

"Only a coward supports gun control. You know how to stop carjacking? Shoot the carjacker. If someone is going to kill me for my Buick, I'm gonna shoot until I'm out of ammo - and then I'll call 911."

Posted:  12/13/2005 12:17 PM #10690
Boogyman

Ted, I like the rear sight on your 870... what is it and where can I get one?

Posted:  12/13/2005 4:23 PM #10691
TacticalTed

Check with Wilson Combat. They are pretty easy to install. You just need to drill and tap the holes.

www.wilsoncombat.com/sa_traklock.asp
Joey

Posted:  12/13/2005 6:36 PM #10688
Boogyman

Thanks, I checked it out.... pricey though.

Posted:  12/14/2005 10:46 AM #10696
TacticalTed

Mine was not near that expensive. I bought a 14.5" barrel w/night sight and the rear sight for around 100.00 new. Just got to keep your eyes open. I got them from CDNN about two yaers ago.
Joey

Posted:  12/29/2005 5:28 PM #10706
Mr_RoadWarrior

Last Post: 12/29/2005
Colt AR Competition Match HBAR - 20" heavy, free floated, Leupold Vari-X III

This gun will shoot the hole right out of the doughnut...very fun to shoot, no problems whatsoever

Don't get me wrong, I've got a nice AK also - SA85, side-mounted MTK-75 with a Burris 3-9

That gun won't shoot the hole out, but if it the bullet goes near the doughnut, the doughnut just leaves on it's own.......

Posted:  1/6/2006 9:37 PM #10707
Kruger

Last Post: 3/17/2007
Mine is an older Colt AR-15A2 HBAR, Green label. Got it back in, I think it was '87-'88. I also built an upper for it using a Colt upper, Bushmaster 11.5" Barrel, Bushmaster Bolt and Bolt Carrier, Tear Drop foward assist, and everything else was also Bushmaster parts.

Posted:  1/9/2006 12:56 PM #10704
brutecruncher

Last Post: 1/13/2006
nice ar15s. heres my dream m4

Posted:  2/12/2006 7:35 PM #10710
Maverick1

Last Post: 2/12/2006
Bought an Rock River Arms Ar 15 .223. Give me you thought as well potential addons.

Elite CAR A4

Posted:  3/19/2006 5:39 PM #10632
Vinnie

Last Post: 3/19/2006

Posted:  3/30/2006 4:03 PM #10635
Hunter

Last Post: 6/21/2007
Subject: Daewoo
Come on guys, what about us Daewoo owners!?!?

I really like it- more than the Colts I have shot.

Posted:  5/16/2006 5:35 PM #10637
CybScryb

Last Post: 5/16/2006
Hmmm...just ordered a Stag Arms flat-top in carbine mode. I suspect the EOTech will arrive before the rifle. I've long been a fan of my $150 Yugo SKS and have become so enamoured of its reliability that I ordered the Tapco 6 position stock and an Aimshot Holo sight. The gun has never misfired, eats the cheapest ammo and prints lethal groups farther than my aging eyesight ever will. For anyone who has other uses for their money, I strongly urge consideration of SKS/AK's. Great, reliable, affordable guns that are easy to maintain and have a plethora of after-market goodies.

But after firing a friends 5.56 Oly Arms carbiine and slowly coming to realize that all guns are good, some guns are great and any gun in a SHTF situation is far better than no gun at all, I have decided that a lefty .223 will be a nice permanent addition to the armory.

I still plan on adding a Springfield M1A1 SOCOM to the mix. Now there's an overpriced rifle, but I want one, so will save up and get one. There will definitely be at least two Garand's added in the future and who knows where the handgun armament will take me.

But the first gun I will great an intruder with at my house is a Mossberg 12 gauge with a candycane 00 Buck/1 oz. Slug filled magazine. I've only gone through one home invasion in my life and I'm still here to write about it thanks to a Remington 870 Wingmaster. Even with a 28" barrel in a small apartment, the shotgun was a better weapon than a semi-auto pistol. The bad guy fired four rounds, I fired one and it was over.

Posted:  6/25/2006 3:29 PM #10638
Zerstorer1ss

Last Post: 6/26/2006
I've got a bit of a frankenstein rifle. It looks like a full-length A2, but the lower is Armalite AR-15 "Model 0" with a serial in the low 3000's. Not sure of the history on that, but it was butchered recently. The full-auto components were removed and a newer three-round burst fire control group was installed. "Auto" was stamped out and burst was scratched in the receiver right below were it used to say "Auto". The only thing I've done (or rather, can do) is put on a 3 point blackhawk tactical sling. I've got 14 30-round mags and one 20-round mag.

My weekend plinkers are where the fun really begins, a no-fail Yugo SKS and a customized 10/22. I can burn through 1000 sks and 4000 .22 rounds for under $200.

Posted:  6/28/2006 9:58 AM #10648
CFII

Last Post: 6/28/2006
I currently own the following:

Rifle 1:
LMT upper and lower
LMT SOPMOD stock
LMT 2-stage trigger
WOA 16" midlength 1/7 SS barrel, guncoated black, custom weight.
LaRue rifle free floated rail
Troy front and rear BUIS
Eotech
PRI gasbuster
6v weaponlight

Rifle 2:
POF Gas-Piston 16" M4 upper
Doublestar arms lower
MagPul M93 stock
MagPul MIAD grip
GG&;G BUIS

And to answer an above post, I had a Daewoo DR200 up till 4 month ago. It was a great rifle.

Posted:  10/5/2006 11:03 AM #10647
billt

Last Post: 12/19/2012

My wife Melanie has really gotten into the AR-15 game in the last couple of years. She currently has 3, all Bushmasters. An 20" A-2, a Heavy Barreled M-4, and a Carbon 15 21S Pistol. All 3 are excellent perfomers, and very accurate. I mounted an EO-Tech Holographic Sight on the Carbon 15 for her. Bill T.

Jump to:
First Previous [1] 2  of 2 Next Last

Previous Topic    Next Topic  

CheaperThanDirtForums