You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
Community Links
Featured Product
PACK-125 8-DPMS-RFLRWCP AMM-723 2-GG108361
14-030539 AMM-350 3-0209950 13-071489
New Video From CTD
Firearm News from Cheaper Than Dirt!

Photo Gallery: 8 New Handguns for 2014
(gundigest.com) By Dick Jones, David Hart and Doug Howlett- Diamondback DB FS Nine- The release of this new full-size, polymer 9mm semi-auto was just announced prior to the NRA annual meetings in Indianapolis and is a new step for Diamondback, which has built its handgun name around more compact models. Billed as “Full-Size Fury,” the glass-fiber reinforced polymer pistol is a double-action, strik...

I started a topless gun protest because ammo-sexuals still won't shut up
(www.theguardian.com) By Phyllis Masters in Austin, Texas Open-carry advocates won't stop at Target and Chipotle? Fine. I'll stop wearing a shirt. Do I have your attention now? I have lived in Austin for 35 years, and I have seen some weird shit here. But when my friend Lola and I decided on Saturday that enough is enough with the kind of people who take out their guns for play dates, I have to ad...

Smith & Wesson pays $2 million to settle SEC corruption charges
(Guns.com) | by Daniel Terrill- Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation has agreed to pay $2 million on July 28 after the Securities and Exchange Commission accused the company of offering international clients bribes in exchange for law enforcement and military contacts. According to the SEC’s order, Smith & Wesson violated the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act when its international sales staff b...

New Browning Citori 725 Trap and Skeet Shotguns for 2014
Morgan Utah: (AmmoLand.com) New for 2014, Browning has expanded the Citori 725 line of over and under shotguns by adding new Trap and Skeet models in 12 gauge. Both Trap and Skeet versions of the Citori 725 will be available in standard stock and adjustable comb models. Like other Citori 725 models, the Trap and Skeet models include the Fire Lite Mechanical Trigger System and full-width hinge pin ...

Court Upholds South West Border Multiple Gun Sales Reporting
NEWTOWN, Conn -(Ammoland.com)- The Federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has upheld ATF’s authority to require federal firearms licensees in the Southwest Border States to report multiple sales of certain semiautomatic rifles. The appellate decision stems from a lawsuit brought by an NSSF-backed retailer and another store owner arguing ATF overstepped the authority granted it by Congress when it ...

Gaming Israel and Palestine
By George Friedman-We have long argued that the Arab-Israeli conflict is inherently insoluble. Now, for the third time in recent years, a war is being fought in Gaza. The Palestinians are firing rockets into Israel with minimal effect. The Israelis are carrying out a broader operation to seal tunnels along the Gaza-Israel boundary. Like the previous wars, the current one will settle nothing. The I...

The Weakest Link
SHTFblog - are YOU ready? Today I’d like to talk about our dependence on electricity. We are ingrained from birth in how to use all things electronic. We take for granted that when we open the fridge it’ll be cold, or when we turn on the coffee maker we’re going to get hot coffee.  When we flip on the light we’ll be able to see when it’s dark outside.  It’s always worked, right? How many...

5 shooting drills to practice
(womenoutdoornews.com) Posted by: Randi Rogers , I love, love, love to shoot, but sometimes when I get to the range it’s hard to know what skills I need to work on. If you’re looking for something that will help spice up your practice and build some skills, here are 5 shooting drills that I use often. Shooting groups: Being able to hit your targets is one of the most important first steps in learn...

National Deer Alliance Formed to Unify Deer Hunters throughout North America
(TheOutdoorhub.com) Deer hunters, conservation organizations and hunting industry companies from across North America are rapidly uniting to form the National Deer Alliance (NDA) – a new organization created to serve as the unified voice of the modern deer hunter and guardian of North America’s wild deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage.While deer are clearly the most popular big game an...

D.C. police told not to arrest people carrying legally registered guns
By Andrea Noble, The Washington Times-D.C. police issued bulletins to officers and residents Monday explaining that they no longer would arrest people for carrying legally registered handguns outside their homes, even as city attorneys sought to temporarily block a federal judge’s ruling that declared the District’s ban on firearms possession in public unconstitutional. Attorney General Irvin B. N...

BREAKING: DC Police Chief Will Treat DC as Constitutional Carry Following Court Ruling
(gunssavelives.net) As we reported on Friday, a US court has ruled that Washington, D.C.’s ban on carry outside of the home was found to be unconstitutional. We are now seeing reports from D.C. reporter and gun rights activist Emily Miller that the Washington DC police will be treating the District of Columbia essentially as a Constitutional Carry state until further notice. Here are quotes from M...

Colorado Spends Millions to Perform 7 Percent of Expected Gun Background Checks
(reason.com) Amidst much debate, and the ultimate recall of two gun-controlling state senators (and resignation of a third), Colorado lawmakers inflicted tighter gun laws on their suffering constituents last year. Among those laws was a requirement that all private transfers of firearms go through a background check of the sort already imposed on commercial transactions. Lawmakers estimated that 4...

Remington Announces R51 Pistol Exchange
Madison, NC -(Ammoland.com)- Earlier this year, we launched the innovative R51 subcompact pistol to critical acclaim. During testing, numerous experts found the pistol to function flawlessly. In fact, they found it to have lower felt recoil, lower muzzle rise and better accuracy and concealability than other products in its class. "However, after initial commercial sales, our loyal customers notif...

Boston Police Say Residents Do Not ‘Need’ to Own Shotguns, Rifles
Boston Police Commissioner William Evans tells Boston Public Radio (WGBH) that residents of Boston do not need shotguns or rifles. Boston, MA -(Ammoland.com)- Residents of Boston do not need shotguns or rifles, according to Boston Police Commissioner William Evans. Boston’s top cop made that statement Wednesday on Boston Public Radio in response to Massachusetts state senator Stan Rosenberg’s posi...

Appellate Court Upholds Privacy Law, Tells Anti-Gun Doctors to Take a Powder
NRA-ILA: In a victory for gun owners who pay to visit doctors for medical care, and not the political opinions of their physicians, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit has upheld Florida’s Firearm Owner’s Privacy Act. This law was passed after an escalating series of events in which patients were harassed or denied access to services because they refused to be interrogated by their ...

Federal judge rules DC ban on gun carry rights unconstitutional
(www.foxnews.com) - By Emily Miller-A federal judge in the District of Columbia on Saturday overturned the city’s total ban on residents being allowed to carry firearms outside their home in a landmark decision for gun-rights activists. Judge Frederick Scullin Jr. wrote in his ruling in Palmer v. District of Columbia that the right to bear arms extends outside the home, therefore gun-control laws ...

Former Obama Health Care Official Who Now Wants to Be Governor Unveils Gun Control Plan
(theblaze.com) Fred Lucas- Donald Berwick, the former head of Medicare and Medicaid, was most well known for saying the country should “ration care” and that health care is “by definition redistributional.” Now, as a candidate for governor of Massachusetts, he is going after guns.Berwick announced his gun control plan Wednesday. His plan includes a ban on so called assault weapons, saying “Weapons...

Southwest Airlines Allegedly Damages Turlock Olympic Hopeful’s Competition Guns
(turlockcitynews.com) Written by  Jonathan McCorkell-The parents of Branden Gover, 17, a 2014 Turlock High School graduate and likely future U.S. Junior Olympian, are outraged with Southwest Airlines for allegedly causing more than $11,000 in damage to his two Olympic-level Perazzi competition shotguns and a military-grade transport case.Teresa and Michael Gover, Branden’s parents, said they ...

Cheap Guns in Baltimore City, MD, 26 July 2014
By Dean Weingarten, Arizona -(Ammoland.com)-There will be a gun turn in event on 26 July, 2014 in Baltimore City, Maryland.  While these events are commonly labeled with the propaganda term “buyback” the guns were never owned by the people attempting to buy them.The location for the event will be at the New All Saints Catholic Church in the 4400 block of Liberty Heights Avenue from 10 a.m. to...

Federal ivory ban could lead to confiscation of guns, senator says (VIDEO)
(Guns.com) Chris Eger-In a move to protect both antique guns and musical instruments, Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) is fighting an federal ban on ivory backed by the White House. Alexander has introduced legislation that would allow an exemption to the transport of legacy items containing ivory across state lines and through international ports of entry. While ivory imports have largely been banned ...
Now on AuctionArms
 Romanian -- AK-47

WINCHESTER MODEL 94: 30-30 WIN LEVER ACTION RIFLE
 Item #12579154 Currently at: $171.00
CTD Poll
What is Your Favorite Alternative Caliber AR-15?

Vote Count: 78

GunSmith Q&A
Winchester model 42 magazine tube problem

I am working on a model 42 Winchester model 42 pump .410 sn 10313X manf. in 1953.  The magazine tube is buggered up a bit on the interupted thread area that locks it into the receiver extension. In the past it has been abused and it is missing the magazine band key between the barrel and magazine and also the action slide spring. I have the 2 missing parts on order (most pa...

From The Blog
30 Days of Preparing for Spring Storms and the Stinging Heat of Summer Day 14: Pesky Mosquitoes, Scorpions, Bees and Other Critters that Bite and Sting

Spring and summer brings out the bugs. Try having a Fourth of July barbecue without mosquitoes and flies. Camping, hiking, hunting and even a picnic in the par...