Web Content Writer
This full-time, on-site hourly position is located in North Fort Worth off Loop 820 and I-35. No relocation package is available.
Are you a gun guru, a firearm aficionado, or shooting specialist with a passion for penning illustrative articles? Do you pay keen attention to detail and have experience creating compelling copy?
We have an immediate opening for a Web content writer with impeccable writing skills, the ability to take direction, and work independently as well as in a team environment. Experience creating educational, entertaining, and engaging content for our social media channels and Web-based projects in addition to developing unique, original articles using your outstanding knowledge of firearms and the sporting industry is required. The successful candidate will be an exceptional writer who can develop, write, and format their own unique articles using Microsoft Word and the WordPress CMS platform.
- Must possess strong firearm and sporting industry knowledge
- Write in clear, concise paragraphs, using proper grammar and spelling
- Computer savvy and comfortable using search engines and content management systems
- Able to tactically organize and structure activities and tasks, paying particular attention to accuracy and detail
- Solid collaboration skills in order to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced environment and meeting tight deadlines
- Polished interview and research skills using a variety of resources
- Strong work ethic, integrity and trustworthiness
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test. We have monthly random drug testing.
- Exceptional WordPress and Microsoft Word skills
- Ability to create and use Web page layout templates
- Regular Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and AR-15.com user
- Working knowledge of Facebook Open Graph protocol a bonus
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite CS5 skills desirable, including
- Knowledge of survival, marine, and boat accessories a plus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Drug-free work environment
To be considered for this position, include a cover letter summarizing your experience and knowledge, a sample original article, along with your resume and:
- Have 1-3 years experience writing in-depth articles, ad copy, and marketing materials
- Have an Associates Degree in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop CS3 or newer, and WordPress 3.x
- Speak, read, write, and understand English
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening and drug test
Send questions and qualifications to HR@CheaperThanDirt.com.
Click here to download the employment application.